G Data Support Forum

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by UIS, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UIS

UIS Registered Member

2. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Good news.Thank you.
    Is that forum as same as Wilders Security?

3. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

This is awesome! Thank you! Just about to register. I have a bunch of questions already.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Click on the link in the first post.
    It's for "Support and discussion for GDATA Products."
    Not a general security forum like Wilder's.

5. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Sorry,I noticed it just now:oops: .

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Why apologize?
    It's not a big deal. Some of the av support forums are general.
    I figured that you didn't see that part.;)

7. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

Doesn't seem like there's much going on there from the standpoint of G Data posting up, since mid-August or so. Lots of posts by folks offering their best guesses or answering their own questions. Maybe it's too soon to tell...

However, their corporate support has been superb; I'm testing GDIS2010 on another machine.

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Thanks Matt.

I have been sending you messages for the last 6'ish months every 2 weeks or so, after the first 2-3 messages with my problem you no longer reply to them and i still havent got a reply yet XD

What the heck? XD

If you have a problem with your email system PM me here.

9. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! I purchased G-Data Internet Security back on August 9th and was generally satisfied with the product. But like many people am currently evaluating competitors product's,in anticipation till the release of Windows 7. I Sent two e-mails to G-Data informing them to revoke my license. I also e-mailed Matt Murphy at Ultimate Security who most graciously interceded on my behalf with G-Data inquiring as to the status of my request. Now here comes the cautionary heads up. Why doesn't G-Data reply to customers requests. And why do you have too go thru an authorized re-seller in the U.K.to obtain communication. The German companies have English speaking sales reps and pre and post sales support why can't they have a North American presence so refunds can be promptly refunded. They were certainly Prompt in processing my Order. And I've never experienced this runaround nonsense with any North American based Vendor,I've had my purchase refunded within my Credit Cards next Billing Date. So be very careful in dealing with G-Data,it seems I'm not alone in my quandry as many people have voiced similar sentiments. I'll follow up with Matt Murphy at Ultimate Security too see if any action has taken place from G-Data. I incidentally work in Customer Service and if I were to rate G-Data on their less than memorable Customer Experience they would receive minus 9.5 out of ten. Hopefully something positive results from this unfortunate mess. Sincerely...Securon

10. Taliscicero

Your in G-data Customer services? Well maybe you can help with my "Ahem~" Problem that wouldnt have been a problem if UIS did not make it a problem, If you can PM me.

11. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Not in G-Data customer services, work in customer services for a different company.

12. Securon

Good Morning ! That's right I'm employed by a different company certainly not G-Data. And as a heads up I will keep everyone notified regarding updates with Ultimate Security and G-Data. Sincerely...Securon

13. Taliscicero

Ahhh okay cheers :)

14. fasteddy2020

My experiences mirror most in North America. I really like the product but hate the service. It took two weeks for GData to vaguely answer my question. UIS helped me out as a go between when they did not have to do so. I found their customer support great. I have a hard time wanting to renew my subscription when I know I paid good money for the program and no support. I had great hope for the UIS GData Support Forums but alas I continue to be disappointed. There are, however, some people here at Wilders who are of great help and have done so for me. In the end my head and wallet are conflicted.o_O

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

they have just started to hit the US. I would give them some time because they are only going to shoot themselves in the foot if they fail. They already have the best detection.

16. fasteddy2020

I have 10 more months to make up my mind. The program itself is great.

17. Securon

Good Evening ! Good News...Matt at Ultimate got back to me promptly and per my request is going to contact G-Data Head Office in trying to locate my request for a refund. As Trjam noted they've just hit the U.S.A. Well if that's the case they should have an 800 Toll Free # for North American Pre and Post Sales Support. As Fast Teddy has stated no doubt the Product is Tier One but the support is Tier Ten. If you want to create a positive image for your Company and Product, Customer Service and Support is Job 1. Sincerely...Securon...The Saga Continues !

18. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

I did end up purchasing three licenses. However, I do need to relate that corporate support replied quickly to only one of my two inquires. The second one, sent shortly after the first, remains unanswered. However, that was when I identified myself as a trial user. Things might be diff now that I'm registered. Time will tell... ;)

19. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

Aside from users, there doesn't seem to have been any activity whatsoever from UIS or G Data at that forum for weeks.

20. Taliscicero

Thats because they don't care :)

21. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

They don't care... Do you have first hand experience or other evidence to that statement? Or are you just another quote button forum poser? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.