G-Data Newest Product Version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I haven't been able to find one..it would be helpful as G-Data leaves a lot of leftover traces. I wound up using Revo Uninstaller Pro..which still left quite a few registry traces...and it took a lot of digging to clear them all.

2. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/support/downloads/tools.html

AVCleaner 2011
    The AntiVirus Cleaner removes all traces of any G Data product that were not removed during an ordinary uninstall procedure. This tool might be needed to enable a complete new installation of the software. This tool does not remove any other antivirus packages other than G Data.

3. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

Ok can anybody help me please, I just bought this AV, because its a new version and liked it, the only trouble is the IDIOTS that made the program have made it impossible to put the Serial Number in because I tried it several months ago and cant remember my login details because I didnt think any half decent buisness would make life so difficult, Im really ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ off with the ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ who come out with this peice of garbage, that feels better I hope someone with half a brain from GData see this and fix it.
    Nessy:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  4. Cimmerian

Thanks for posting this De Hollander! I had found this page earlier, but for some reason the AV cleaner wasn't listed at that time..

5. Cimmerian

Did you try getting in touch with G-Data customer service? If you didn't, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start there. It's probably an easy fix.

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I have Revo Pro too. That's not good, it should remove the majority.

7. Rilla927

Thank you very much for posting:thumb:

8. Rilla927

I came to this thread to post the very same thing. I don't see any where you would put the key in. It's hidden very well:argh: :argh:

I called two numbers from the USA site at 12:50 afternoon and it said they were closed to call back between 8-5 Eastern time... what is up with this?

I also emailed them. Something isn't right with this. Everytime I restart my computer G-Data balloon pops up and says if I buy I can get it at a reduced price but when I click on it IE says the certificate has expired and blocks the page.

9. Cimmerian

Do you have IE set to accept cookies? If not, try it that way and see if it makes a difference.

10. Rilla927

I have it set to accept first party cookies and block third party.

11. G Data Ed

G Data Ed Registered Member

Hello Everyone. I hear you loud and clear. First of all, please let me introduce myself. My name is Ed Johnson and I am the General Manager/Head of Operations for G Data Software, Inc. (North American subsidiary of G Data Software AG). We are hq'd in Durham, North Carolina, having just established operations in 2010. As some of you may have figured out, this month has been a month of changes for G Data in North America. On January 1st, we came out with a new website, a new web store operator (Digital River), and a new US-based call center operation. As you can imagine, the combination of the new website and new e-store has brought with it some difficulties with regard to renewals or transitioning from the trial version to a paid license. We hope to have these matters resolved ASAP. I can assure you all that it is paramount on our list of priorities. In the meantime, please email me at ed.johnson (at) gdatasoftware dot com, give me some form of identification in our system (name, email, user ID, etc) and whether you need a license for 1PC or 3PC and I will send you a coupon code that you can use to receive the discount you would have gotten through the link. This offer is also available to those who are participating in our free 30 day product trial.

I know that this has been a major inconvenience for many of you, but all will be resolved soon.

Please go check out our website at www.gdata-software.com. I would really appreciate your feedback on how we can make the website more informative, helpful, and valuable to you.

12. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I think many people would like to see a comparison, now you have to enter the Product Sheet to see a comparison, which is quite unnecessary complicated.
    Also I think many people will appreciate to see some screenshots of how the product looks like.

13. Rilla927

Hi Ed,

Good to hear it's a glitch and will be fixed soon. Where do you insert the license key?

14. G Data Ed

Also, to answer the question regarding registration, you need to double click on the G Data shield in System Tray in order to bring up the G Data SecurityCenter. In that window, you will see a folder tab that says UPDATES. To the far right of that you will see Options...Click on Options. Now you will see the Register with Server button. Click on this button and you will see the field to enter your registration/license code. Also, choose a salutation, key in your name and email address (double check that email address!!!) and click the LOGIN button. That should take care of it.

Now, you will be happy to learn that our developers heard you all loud and clear and have made major changes in how this whole process is mapped out for our 2012 product lineup, set for release in April of this year. You will extremely pleased in how much easier the configuration and registration process works from here on out.

15. Cimmerian

Hi Ed,
    Thanks very much for posting here. Just a quick question. If we buy a license for any of the G-Data 2011 products, will we be able to transition to the 2012 editions when they are released? Also, do you know if an activation code for a 2011 release also work for a 2012 edition?
    Thanks again, and good luck, nice job with the U.S. website!

16. G Data Ed

Thanks for the kind words, Securon. It is still evolving. There will also be a Partner Portal, Customer Portal (where you can download the latest software releases - not to be confused with signature file updates, of course) similar to "My G Data", a User Forum and knowledgebase wiki.

Again, please let us know how we can better serve you through the enhancement of the website.

17. Rilla927

Thank you very much sir:thumb:

18. G Data Ed

When you buy a license and a new release of the software comes out, then you can upgrade to that new release. By the time the 2012 products role out, we will have our Customer Portal up and running and you will be able to download it from there. You will, however, need to uninstall your current version of the G Data product and then install the 2012 version. I KNOW that this is a hassle, but this will be the LAST time you have to do this. From 2012 on, when you download and install the software upgrade, it will simply upgrade itself and then prompt you to reboot.

And yes, you CAN use a 2011 (or older) license code with a 2012 product.

19. Cimmerian

Excellent news! Thanks very much for the prompt reply!

20. G Data Ed

Hi Nessy...Well, at least you put BLANKS in where the letters should go! :argh: I still get the message, though. Please feel free to reach out to me via email. I left the address in a previous post. If you still need your login information, we can get it for you.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I would like to welcome G Data Ed as I know we have all, for a long time, wanted to hear from a rep from G Data. This benefits us all and G Data.:thumb:

22. Gauchoo

Gauchoo Registered Member

Hi Ed,

I'm trying GData av '11 and i'm wondering how the cloud aspect works with GData ?

Is it the url database that utilises the cloud only, or is it also the signature base ?

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

2 things I would like to see in G-Data are the ability via email notification of malware found and, the ability to turn the red icon to green in the GUI without having to run a scan.

24. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

Thankyou Ed the problem is resolved, my comments were made thru absolute frustration.

Nessy:)

25. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Good to hear from Mr.Ed Johnson...and I'm really looking forward to a User Forum that will provide Wilders G-Data users with a participatory venue...one that might even reach European Users,who undoubtedly might provide as all with some invaluable insights. Kudos to Ed and G-Data America for their participation at Wilders. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.