G-Data IS 2011 compatible firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by EightOneEight, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EightOneEight

EightOneEight Registered Member

I'm running on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit laptop.

My current security setup is as follows:
    - G-Data Internet Security 2011 (email/web phising disabled)
    - MBAM Pro (paid)
    - Hitman Pro (paid)

Am I silly for being interested in a third party firewall like Online Armor Premium, or should I use the Windows 7 firewall? I was interested in Comodo Firewall at one time, but the bad PR has turned me off.

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

G Data IS has it's own firewall. What's wrong with it?

3. EightOneEight

So far, I cannot find anything wrong with it.

One of the tempting things about Online Armor is the anti-keylogger support, and the raving reviews here :)

4. EightOneEight

Is anyone else running G-Data IS 2010/2011?

I bought the IS suite for the 3 PC license, and was only thinking of running another firewall on my own machine. I've heard raving reviews of Comodo Internet Security, but I've also heard of bug fix issues. This aside, I'm interested in possibly running it.

Since I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, I'd like something compatible.

5. markcc

markcc Registered Member

My set-up is a little different than yours however I have ran GData IS 2011 without the firewall installed with Online Armor in Vista & xp 32 bit without any problems. I'm not sure what the status of Online Armor & 64 bit operating systems are at the moment.

6. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

I run close to your setup:

Win 7 64bit
    GData 2011 IS
    Prevx (paid)
    MBAM (free)
    Hitman Pro (paid)

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I considered purchasing GData AV and running a third party firewall instead but I liked the IS because I liked having fewer programs to deal with. I have tried GDataIS with firewall disabled and OA premium and it ran fine. I think the IS firewall is pretty good but I am no expert. Try something, if you don't like it, go back. :D

7. EightOneEight

To update this thread, I moved over to Outpost Pro Firewall and ditched G Data IS 2011. I'm now running Eset NOD32 Antivirus along with it.

G Data caused major slowdown on the two other Vista machines that I installed it on, so it had to go.

Oh, and to answer King Grub's question above, I wanted more control, and a more intuitive interface. I was originally interested in Online Armor until I realized that it did have "true" 64-bit support.

8. UIS

UIS Registered Member

I am using the G Data Internet Security 2010 and I am not having any of the firewall issues of 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.