G Data Beta InternetSecurity 2012 Now Available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by G Data Ed, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Seriously, After a day or so. After a couple of days. Huge differens.....:cautious:

And how on earth would I have known that :doubt: , you could have said so in the first place.

Indeed.

Enough is Enough

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Agreed. :thumb:
    I just tried to explain, after all :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I installed G data 2012 antivirus today and everything just slowed to a crawl :( and my system would sometimes lock up for a few seconds as well.

I have tried everything , but it just impacts on my system to badly, so back to avira once again and everything is running super fast again :D got all settings on max and running a full scan right now as I type this thread.

Just wish I could make G data work, but maybe try it out again,when I get my new system next week.

4. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

anybody knows when the dutch version of 2012 will be released?

5. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Got tired of waiting for the U.S. IS version to be released, so I installed the UK version IS instead. So far it's running okay, just a tad slower than the 2011 edition. I'll give it a day or two to steady down, like it's predecessor did.
    One positive note...G Data seems to have resolved the Windows Action Center issue with recognizing anti-spyware protection. It now reports that it is turned on..

6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon ! Cimmerian, are you running the trial version...or the full version...did you use your existing license...to convert to the 2012 Edition? Sincerely...Securon

7. Cimmerian

Hi Securon...I used my existing license on the trial version, which converted to full seamlessly. You're given the option to use an existing license upon install.

8. Securon

Good Afternoon ! Thanks for your prompt response Cimmerian, I'll report back to update everyone to inform you of my impressions. I tried the Beta a while back and it wasn't as responsive as the 2011 version. But it was the Beta version after all. Be back soon. Sincerely...Securon

9. Securon

Good Evening ! Downloaded from U.K. Site...straightforward. But...the overall download process is still way too intensive...as opposed to competing products. Also when trying to set up a scheduled scan within the GUI unlike the 2011 version this seems to be missing...or perhaps I'm the one that's missing it...LOL. As Cimmerian mentioned Windows security center recognizes it's anti-malware component and that's all good. Once set up and running I couldn't perceive a noticeable difference in my systems responsiveness with G-Data 2012. It's initial scan was roughly ninety three minutes. But future scans are minimized due to G-Data's digital fingerprinting. I can't really say at the moment that it's an improvement over the 2011 version. I'm sure when it's available in N.America and it draws customers,then the critique will begin,especially here at Wilders...LOL. Sincerely...Securon

10. Cimmerian

To set up a scheduled scan, from the main GUI, go to -Virus Protection..Settings..AntiVirus..Automatic virus checks. Then hit new & schedule away.

11. Securon

Good Evening ! Many thanks Cimmerian....it's Scan-A-Rama Time. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.