G Data Beta InternetSecurity 2012 Now Available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by G Data Ed, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

Hi, G Data Ed,

what's the value for "~" in your universe ?

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have just telephoned the uk G Data sales team and they said that it will be May before the new 2012 version is released and ready for download.

G Data are attending the Infosecurity europe show at the end of april, and then they are on holiday, so this is the reason they said that May is a more realistic release date in the uk.

3. Malware fighter

Seems G Data has room to improve in efficiency - if they released it Germany and in other countries it didn't - it indicates they have divided tech support and probably databeses etc in different countries, which is ineffective. The way each normal businessman would do - you have one core and just change languages ( which is easy to do and not much time consuming) and keep tech and suppoert services in one( max 2 countries)- and you launch it in one click worldwide. But such oddities are seen in other comparable companies as well....

4. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I think the best thing to do is wait to hear from G Data Ed on this. Holding security companies to firm release dates is not usually a good practice, as we all should be aware of. Ed first posted here announcing G Data's US presence in January, so maybe there are still details in operations left to iron out. We've seen other vendors take a bit of time to release their programs in various languages, so I'm not completely surprised by this.
    I do hope the release version comes out soon though...

5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

6. Cimmerian

Thanks for posting..:thumb:
    No real difference in detection rates compared to the 2011 version. Too bad they didn't touch on system impact, I think a lot of potential users would be curious to see how the release fared this way, being that G Data has a system hog reputation for some.

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I think we need to show Ed a little love so he will come back! My guess is he wants to make the new release announcement when he returns. I'll bet it is close!

8. Cimmerian

Well, the UK release version is out...looks like the G Data express is moving slowly westward...

9. Malware fighter

Installed 2012 - running smoothly.

10. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

I think I'm going to give a try to G Data...

11. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Let us know what you think! Tnx

12. Malware fighter

Definitely it installs and runs much more swiftly than beta I tested, also no pop ups, runs very very good. No initial system slowdown as it was the case with older versions. I feel the hard work they put since beta, good job.

13. King Grub

If anyone could check i/o writes after a day or so of normal usage, it would be nice. :)

14. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

good to hear that version 2012 is rolling out
    i see only IS, no totalcare yet?
    and what about the Dutch versions?

15. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! As everyone knows their were killer tornadoes in the Durham Raleigh North Carolina U.S.A. over the weekend, hopefully the new headquarters of G-Data U.S.A. were unscathed and on a personal level G-Data Ed and family are safe and sound,along with all employees of G-Data and families. Sincerely...Securon

16. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Trialling GDATA AV 2012. I use standard user account. After I scanned a file using context menu option without putting Admin Password in the UAC Prompt I logged out and logged in to the Admin Account. But now I could not see context menu scan option in the admin accounto_O I had to restart the system and log in to admin account first to get it back. My OS is vista 32 bit. Is there a way to avoid the password prompt at context menu scan option in a standard user account in GDATA? It is very annoying.

17. Cimmerian

Ditto that..:thumb:

18. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

But the German Version of the 2012 is officially release , go to their facebook page

19. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I shutdown my PC every day after usage, don't you?

20. King Grub

What does that have to do with anything?

I'd like to know, because I am not interested in installing a program that will write half a dozen GB daily to my SSD.

And no, I don't turn off my computer. Except for installing hardware, I haven't turned a computer off overnight since the 1990s.

21. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It has to do with that the I/O writes etc.. get's deleted when ever you shutdown or restarts your PC. But I guess you didn't know that.

So to be able to view the I/O writes after "a couple of days" one has do be a user that doesn't shutdown his PC every day.

But never mind :)

22. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You should, and compare your electric bills the month after :thumb:
    Not to mention the environment, but that's another topic :)

23. King Grub

After a day or so, I said. You can't quote me as having said "a couple of days", when I haven't said it. All I was interested in was i/o writes. That's all.

And you guessed wrong...

I don't care about electric bills for the money, and my computers are actually doing things even when I am not in front of them, so turning them off isn't an option.

24. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

My experience is that about 90% of hardware damage suffered occurs at the moment when people turn on their computer (fried power supplies, MBs, RAM, etc.) I personally never turn off my desktop computers unless absolutely necessary.

25. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

can we stay ontopic
    this is a gdata topic
    not turn off your pc topic

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.