G Data Beta InternetSecurity 2012 Now Available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by G Data Ed, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yeah, one is a Toshiba netbook, that should be interesting.:cool:

2. ghidorah68

ghidorah68 Registered Member

I wish it recognized Trillian 5 though....

3. ghidorah68

Does Avast 4 engine use different definitions than engine 5?

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Avast 5 has improved detection over the 4 engine. I have seen a few times on VT where Avast 5 would detect a trojan while Avast 4 did not.

5. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I will test it as soon as possible in my virtual machine, I encounter an error I give feedback.

313MB installer, really giant.

6. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

After you install the program, you will think "no way"...too massive ,but then...it runs pretty smoothly.

7. proll

proll Registered Member

In Version 2011

# Engine A AVA 21.4410, 22.01.2011

# Engine B AVB 21.633, 22.01.2011

8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'm testing GData IS Beta 2012. I'm curious as to why GData does not report itself as an anti-spyware in Windows Security Center even though I've opted in for GData to scan för spyware/adware. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

9. m0unds

m0unds Guest

you're testing a beta of a product, and betas have bugs. report that as a bug using the contact info that the gdata rep suggested as i'm sure it's unintentional for the product to not report its status to windows security center.

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

It's a known bug in the beta as M0unds suggests ;)

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

same issue with version 2011

12. shadek

shadek Registered Member

It does appear when using GData AV 2011 as well. I've reported it yesterday and I'm awaiting some feedback.

13. shadek

shadek Registered Member

You bet me to it with just a few seconds! :D

14. stratoc

stratoc Guest

that's ok I was wondering if it was just on my pc :D just turn off notifications about anti spyware or turn defender on:gack:

15. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I don't like the idea of turning on notifications from Windows Security Center because if some malware breaches my protection and disables GData, I want to know about it.

Also, I'd never turn Windows Defender on when I'm already running a dual-engined AV. That would be just crazy! I'd like to keep my HDDs alive for a few years more. ;)

16. stratoc

stratoc Guest

yeah, I remember nod 2.7 didnt report antispyware on vista it's odd g data 2011 or 2012 don't I would have thought a few may have complained about it.
    I suppose as long as you're monitoring anti virus windows will tell you if it's disabled.

17. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Then I hereby request that GData change it.

I've ticked the box to make GData scan for adware/spyware, now I want GData to report that to Windows Security Center, be it GData 2011 or GData 2012 Beta!

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ok,,,, moving over to Prevx now.o_O

19. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Registered Member

Why? o_O

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the F-Secure syndrome on my browser and opening and closing programs. Of course it is beta and will get better.

21. ghidorah68

I think it needs to "fingerprint" your system. I find after a few hours of using my pc that lag is lessened. Although with the 2011 version I didn't notice it really. The 2012 version, I did, but it still is beta.

Chuck

22. Laszlo

Laszlo Registered Member

Hi G Data Ed

Glad to see G-Data establish a presence on these shores, it was sorely needed. Hopefully your marketshare will grow as a result. A few questions:

1 Do you have a timeline for the Inteernest Security 2012 release yet?
    2 Will you establish a dedicated forum for your products either here or another North
    American location?
    3. Will you implement product support in the U. S.? or remain with U.K. based support
    for English speaking users?

Thanks for any insight
    Laszlo

23. G Data Ed

G Data Ed Registered Member

Thanks for the note, Laszlo. Let me answer your questions...

1. As many of you know, there is a huge worldwide technology exposition called CeBIT, held every year (usually in March) in Hanover, Germany. G Data has always had a huge presence at CeBIT. Some years back, we began scheduling our annual product release in March of each year. This way, we could use CeBIT as the platform and springboard for announcing new breakthrough AV technology or new products altogether. So, to answer your question, our 2012 products should be ready for general release in mid to late March.
    2. We will be implementing a User Forum on our website, www.gdata-software.com. We would certainly be in support of having a dedicated Support Forum on such an esteemed site as wilderssecurity.com. I am a newby and really do not know how to go about that. I have reached out to the site administrators and told them what we would like to do, but have not received direction on how to do so. Maybe that will come in time. But you can certainly expect to see one on our site in a month or less.
    3. Beginning 1 Jan, 2011, our Customer Support Call Center began operations in the US. The call center is near our North American headquarters in Durham, North Carolina. It is 24X7X365 and it is FREE. Also, I personally review each and every support inquiry that is made from the North American G Data website. If I see that the support request is made by a Wilders Member, I will make sure that it is handled expeditiously and to your satisfaction.

24. Laszlo

Laszlo Registered Member

Thank you for the information. I'm particularly happy about localized support for the product. This is not a comment on the services offered by the U.K. arm, which were excellent. However due to time zone differences, communication was awkward in the past.

I believe this move will be beneficial to G-Data as well as to your customers.

Best regards
    Laszlo

25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Now this is Customer Service, good job :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.