G-Data 2010 Products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Since the beta is over, this thread can be specifically for questions realted to their whole 2010 lineup.

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Something tells me i don't think so :p

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Why? What's wrong with it?

4. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I have been using the Suite for a few months now along with Mamutu & they get along quite well. I'm still trying to understand the firewall part, I have used Outpost in the past & have it installed in one machine & still find it the best firewall out there. This trusted/unstrusted/direct internet connection/blocked networks part is just strange to me in the firewall section.

5. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

@trjam... What is your relationship to G Data? Is this to be a vendor support thread?

How does this relate to the forum at
    http://forum.ultimateinternetsecurity.com/
    which apparently is the vendor support site according to UIS (Matt)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=250177
    but for several weeks hasn't seen any responses to user postings?

FYI, I just purchased 3 licenses to GDIS2010 so I have a vested interest in the support forum end of things. :)

Thank you!

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

relationship? Customer
    thread? the 2010 products are on sale here in the states, at a great price, so why post questions about current products for sale in a beta thread.
    As for support, I agree, it has to get better because going down anymore isnt a option. Doesnt matter for me because it is working like a charm. I only use the AV though.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the only way I know of to get support is here

8. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

I was using the trial of GDIS2010 for about two weeks before I made the decision to buy three licenses yesterday. I spent a few weeks testing Outpost Free & Pro and Avira Pro. I had been using Avira Personal, Spyware Doctor and PC Firewall Plus v5 for over a year.

I grew weary of the multi-vendor schema, building rules and dealing with alerts. In the end, G Data had what I wanted but the Firewall gui is definitely different! :rolleyes:

I'm leaving everything on Maximum and Autopilot. The only thing I've done purposefully so far is, from the log, I selected an outbound connection made to port 9000 (UPnP) and made a new rule denying it. A good site to evoke that connection is news dot aol dot com.

So far, GDIS2010 lives well with Zemana on this desktop and IObit S360 on my laptop and another desktop.

Cheers!

9. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

Ah... your use of a G Data logo avatar makes you appear "official" when you're merely another forum poser gifted with advanced skills in the use of the Quote button. ;) :D
    Been there, done that.

10. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

I agree. :cool:

11. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

tested out GDATA AV 2010 and i found it decently light (i only tested it for performance, not malware) but the updates are ridiculously slow... but i still found it to be a bit heavier overall than my current solution.

12. ghidorah68

ghidorah68 Registered Member

I've been running it for a few months now and LOVE it.

No drag on my system at all.

I'm using G Data Internet Security 2010 along with Prevx on Windows 7 64-bit. Works like a dream.

Very happy with everything. I contacted UIS and they were very helpful with my questions.

Take care
    Chuck

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It is ashame you didnt get to test it with some malware because I know you know how to do this stuff. I will say though, you would have been utterly shocked at the results.;)

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

True. Hopefully when IBK releases his results it will still be doing good.

15. firzen771

i imagine it wuld be good since it has 2 engines, i was mainly looking at how it performance was and wow i was sure shocked with how long a simple update takes.

16. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Incremental updates, mate ;)

These shouldn't take longer than a couple of minutes though..

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the longest I have seen mine run is about 30 seconds.

18. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I had thought the thread would blow over because there is already a big thread about the BETA everyone uses :)

I was wrong :)

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Now I do want to warn you folks if you are thinking of buying, and this goes for the US site. If you buy and ask for a refund, they are going to confuse the heck out of you. If you pay by credit card it will not be refunded that way, it will go to your bank and I REALLY do not like the current setup for this. It was that way 6 months ago and is still today. It just plain, "Sucks."

G-Data needs to improve 2 things, and the weird thing the software is what is the best in all my years of wasting time here.;)

1. Customer service has got to improve. I think they are hearing this and are working in that area and it will be slow. They could use a real rep here to but that isnt what really matters.

2. Refunds. On those occasions when a customer does request one it has to be simplified and ensure the returned funds are restored from which ever source they came from. Credit card to credit card. Duh?

They best listen, because they are sitting exactly where Avira was 2 years ago. Avira struggled at this new found reality. G-Data can either learn from it, or take that deep fall of shame. We shall see.

20. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Get this, it's taken one month for G-Data to respond to my initial query regarding a refund. As Trjam has stated and I had referred to on my previous postings here at Wilders this antiquated and asinine way of conducting business if continued will hurt them where they can least afford to be hurt and that's the almighty bottom line. They to there credit apologized for the faux pas due to technical difficulties with English Support Tickets. Thank God I have a superb bank whose charge back people are in the process of issuing a refund. But as Trjam stated they need to ascribe too simplicity Credit Card to Credit Card...K.I.S.S. And if it could become anymore convoluted they wanted me to supply them with my International Bank Account Information, pullllllllleeeese...coo..coo..coo..coo. Point made LOL...Beyeppty yep...that's all folks. On the other hand one of G-Data's National Counterparts...Competitors issued me a refund that took all of Twenty Four Hours. As I've stated before Customer Service and Support is JOB 1. Sincerely....Securon

21. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! As Trjam stated the Product is Excellent and I wholeheartedly concur. But if your thinking of purchasing you will go through Ultimate Security in the U.K. call the 800 # and be very upfront and find out about their billing and refund policy, as stated Credit Card to Credit Card. The U.S.A. site is a Shell Site no 800 # and no Sales or Customer Support. If Ultimate Security has to receive approval from G-Data regarding refunds,stay clear of purchasing until G-Data gets their Act Together. Sincerely...Securon

22. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

yep that's the average time it takes indeed ;)

23. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I just installed GDATA AV 2010 trial and curently testing it on my 3 years old PC.
    So far so good :thumb:
    GUI looks great and program is running light and fast (35-40 MB) :thumb:
    First update was about 110 MB size o_O
    I m doing the full system scan and it look fast but not as fast as Avira's scan.
    Running great with Outpost Pro 2009

24. guest

guest Guest

I read all the great things here at wilders about G-Data 2010, how 'light' it should be etc. - I was bored and so I tested trial version (just antivirus) today. - Well, it's gone again already. :)

Why? On my System (Athlon 64 X2 4850e, 2 GB RAM, XP Pro SP3) it slowed down everything in a way I couldn't tolerate! The full scan lasted forever, doing it again I strangely felt no speed improvement at all (theres a feature to only check new files, out of order?) and most important: surfing the web was no fun anymore. It lags big time. :gack: - What a waste of time it was. :thumbd:

BTW: I came from Avira (free) + Prevx (paid) and I am back to this couple. In my experience much faster, lighter and you have fun surfing because pages are loading immediately exactly as it should be, system responds very quickly etc. :thumb:

Before Avira I was using NOD32, but that (v3 and v4) slowed down surfing also too much for me. So ... who knows .. maybe I just don't like webfilters? ;-)

25. firzen771

ye first update is HUGE and so is the installer, they definetly need to do somethin about that... its about triple the size of most installers if not more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.