Fuzzy vs Sharp System tray Image

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Holden4th, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

When I boot up the NOD32 ESS v4 icon in the system tray gives a very fuzzy image. If I disable protection and then enable it the sharper image appears. Both icons are green in colour but the discrepancy worries me. I can't find a way to show both icons in this thread. ha anyone experienced similar? I'm using XP Pro as my OS.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What is the display resolution set at on the computer? Are there any programs running which change the way the Desktop looks on the computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

I'll take this further

The ESS Icon is a very clearly defined eyeball like shape with the edges sharp. When I boot up this initially appears and then the icon flashes red/green for about 10 seconds. After this stops the edges of the icon are no longer sharp, in fact the whole image is fuzzy.

I'm running Win 7 on a partition and this doesn't seem to be a problem.

Why does the icon flash red and green at start up in XP and not in Win7? I've uninstalled and reinstalled ESS in XP to no effect.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not recall seeing that behavior before, Holden4th, but is there anything different about the configuration of ESET Smart Security on the two operating systems or method by which they connect to the Internet?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.