Future Changes to Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackspear, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!

Maybe I missed it but why has no one suggested that NOD32 add a PRE-BOOT SCAN?

NUMBER ONE ON THE LIST SHOULD BE A FRICKEN PRE-BOOT SCAN I got way to many locked files I have to keep NAV04 installed so I can do this once a month... I shouldnt have to do that

2. ?jram

?jram Guest

These are all great changes but there are a few like hiding the icon on the task bar,most people know that can be done..You can't get a virus in locked or password protected files,so why would you want to unlock them to scan?? The choice of disabling system
    restore is a good one,but you don't have to disable system restore everytime you get a virus,and shouldn't..If the virus isn't in the system restore folder,why would you want to disable system restore?? When I was using a different AV a couple of years ago, I tried to do a system restore,it said it couldn't go back to the dates I tried to go back to. I knew I had had a virus a couple of days before that,all I did was disable my AV and tried again,it restore just fine,then I did a online scan and the virus was caught,sometimes a person really needs system restore, I always try to find a solution to a problem first..This doesn't always work with system restore,if corruption is not from a virus,it won't work..I have been using NOD32 for 2 years now,it has been the best move I've made..I use BOClean along side of Nod. I think this combination is the best you can use..Along with my spyware programs ,I have been virus/spyware free for 2 years..You can't have enough protection,but I feel protected using NOD32.

3. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I found 4 viruses in system restore!.... I didn't try going back to that date after cleaning them but I suppose it would have worked...
    And nod32 was not on my system back at those dates! but mcafee and mks_vir was....neither found them!
    I do like scanning system restore because some virueses can hide there.... I don't think they can "go" there, but if you had a dirty system when you set a restore date, then its there!

ONce I"m sure my system is running top notch, free from all viruses etc...
    I disable system restore for a moment "to delete all the previous ones", then I renable it to start fresh.

4. ?jram

?jram Guest

I do like scanning system restore because some virueses can hide there.

The only way they get there is if a snap shot is taken
    they would most likely be there if your AV didn't stop
    or catch the virus..I'm sorry if you took me wrong, I would never go back to a date that a virus was present in system restore unless I had to..I meant if you had to restore your system and couldn't, there is a good chance that a virus corrupted system restore..I just don't turn off system restore unless my AV says there is one in there..All AV's scan system restore ,just can't clean the virus in there..

5. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

Option to display the file transfer progressbar when sending e-mail, saw it in a different antivirus and considered it to be really useful
    Be able to specify exactly when (file size, estimated download time or the like) is the file downloading progrresbar shown
    The others are already requested...

6. windstrings

Yea.. mine were there because I had Mcafees on there "before I went to nod32"', and those are 4 of the 9 that mcafees had missed!

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

8. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

In the 'type of update' dialogue you cannot chose both 'notify before downloading signature database update' and 'perform program component upgrade if necessary'. Why not?

Surely these two types of update shouldn't be mutually excusive.

9. Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer Spyware Fighter

How about a simple place to find out the date the subscription ends. If it is there, I have not found it.

10. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

It's not. I've already suggested making it visible within the System Tools/Information module. :)

11. chaos

chaos Guest

a new chane can be to include worm protection like norton antivirus 2005

also it could have antispam and TruPrevent Technologies like wat panda antivirus has

and

NEW! QuickScan tool automatically searches for and removes viruses whenever new virus protection updates are downloaded.

ENHANCED! PreInstall Scan quickly detects and removes infections that can interfere with installing and launching Norton AntiVirus.

And the majority of antivirus companies have an internet security nod32 could have 1 as well

12. Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer Spyware Fighter

Whatever you do please don't take this product and add all the "features" above. Continue your focus on Viruses and don't add any uneccesary stuff like SPAM protection and/or internet security. Those "features" are what have made the other programs bloated and buggy. If you do chose to add additional "features" make it a different product and keep a basic program without all those "features".

13. windstrings

I agree... I'm really spoiled now.... .anything you want to add that does not make your system sluggish... so be it!... but I like the lightening fast response my computer has with nod32 running... even with everything set to max!... and it scans for tons of trogans etc....
    But if you try to make it 5 programs in one that is constantly scanning your system.. you may be sorry.
    I would rather have nod for what it is... and have other progs I can run when I like to do a demand scan of my system to check for anything else..

But I rarely find anything nod hasn't already caught? unless its some nonthreatening pest or such.

14. ???

??? Guest

wat going to be the next feture in nod32

15. nameless

nameless Registered Member

* Interpreted script anti-worm behavior analyzer.
    * Anti-spam applet.
    * Personal firewall.
    * Lightweight email client.
    * Ability to defragment files after scanning them.
    * Email attachment renaming or quarantining.
    * Port-to-process mapper.
    * Egg timer/countdown function.
    * TCP/IP packet analyzer.
    * Fully-skinned interface (with race car steering wheel skin as default).
    * Command line option to reboot computer.
    * Ability to play songs while performing a scan.
    * Built-in IM client, with "contact support" option.
    * VoIP (voice over IP) feature, to enable live tech support calls.
    * Registry cleaner function.
    * Built-in ability to burn CD/DVD, for sending malware samples by mail.

16. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hey you forgot a couple Mr. Nameless...
    * Wash the car each morning (full wax job on Sundays)
    * Provide cup of tea in bed at set time (Scheduler/Planner should be able to handle this)
    * Alert window for anybody entering the room dressed in particularly bad taste (TMON maybe..... Taste Monitor)

Bandicoot. :D

17. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Well, that's the news from Bratislava - so I guess it's OFFICIAL :D

18. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Mr Coot, you forgot the most important new feature, ability to fetch a cold beer from the fridge ;) :D

19. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Doh.................!
    I knew there was something else!

Mr. Coot.

20. windstrings

I admire a company thats not afraid to tackle goliath!..... adding all of that is asking for trouble if its too buggy...... folks won't appreciate the internals of a fine automobile if it coughs and chokes!.....
    So I trust nod will not be too anxious and test everything before sending them out..... I for one appreciate something that "works" more than extra bells and whistles!
    Thats why I like NOD... it works.... there are a few hidden bugs like with everything, ...but its fast and I feel very secure using it. So far its found much more than any other I have used.... and does it quickly!

I encourage nod to stick with excellence!....
    Sometimes it doesn't pay to try and be all things to all people.... a lesson from Jesus...... He was is all things to all people, but that doesn't mean everyone likes him.

21. nameless

nameless Registered Member

This is officially the first time I've ever seen someone draw a parallel between Jesus and anti-virus software. I expect Rod Serling's voice to break through the music any second now...

22. windstrings

Yea... well its a compliment to nod to do so.... theres alot of crap av software out there..... even among the ones that are popular!.... alot of fakes that claim signs and wonders and end of being worse than the virus they are supposing to protect your from!......
    Yea.. I see a few similarities!

23. mamon

mamon Guest

Idea

idea zonealarm security suite with build in nod32 antivirus except from the antivirus they use now ez antivirus

24. chaos

chaos Guest

ye that is a good idea i think

25. Ineke

Ineke Registered Member

No it is not a good idea,......no firewall in nod32 please :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.