Future Changes to ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Blackspear, Jan 22, 2008.

1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You're welcome mate. And same to you :thumb:

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

An alternative linux rescue cd-rom. When I tried to disinfect an infected computer with the police ransom-ware infection, the windows based rescue cd-rom failed to boot. Only a linux based rescue cd-rom was able to start correctly to scan. This was a nasty variant: unable to boot into safe mode, perform system repair on the laptop, prevented also the boot of Windows based rescue cd-roms.

Anti-spam support for Windows Live Mail 2012. I thought that the issue was fixed in version 6.0, but it's still unfixed.

3. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Fully support your suggestion, Niels :thumb:

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Eset

When you have activated the anti theft feature, you will see in the egui, that anti theft is activated by, and then the email address on the person who has activated this feature. Instead of the email address, I would definitely rather see a notification stating that " Anti theft is activated by license holder. :)

Regards, Janus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I agree about a linux based rescue cd.

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey Eset

A further development of the H.I.P.S. function, so it will include the information of running processes from ESET Reputation System along with their risk level and number of users ,incorporated into its notifications . A feature that can be activated and used for advanced users . (and not by default).

Regards, Janus :))

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  7. Janus

Janus Registered Member

When you click the notification in windows 8, in the upper right corner, it just open the home section of eset gui instead of the quarantine section. Please let it be so, that when you click¨the notification in windows 8, and eset have quarantine a piece of malware, let it open quarantine insted of the Eset main window.

Regards, Janus

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Clicking a threat alert bubble shouldn't open anything. I'll test it on Windows 8.

9. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Thanks Marcos :))

Regards, Janus

10. encus

encus Registered Member

When a smart scan has finished, the notification in the GUI that says "Smart scan has been completed successfully" will disappear in approximately 10 minutes and return to main computer scan menu. I just wish it would stay until you click the OK button.

Thanks.

11. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Hello,

Here is the presentation of an other product:

"New spam filter and spam works as a plug-in to MS Outlook and a generic POP3/IMAP4 proxy for other email programs."

When can we expect such this method with Smart?

12. ElQuia

ElQuia Registered Member

Make it NOT FREEZE on Computer Scan Module

13. encus

encus Registered Member

Hello!

The notification in the main GUI that says "ESS status: Protection active. No background jobs using system resources" is rather useless and pointless to me. It would be a lot better if there were more details like the percentage of CPU usage by System and by ESS.

Thank you.

14. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Eset

Yesterday I stumble over a potential phishing site, and based on that experience, regarding reporting the site, I have following humble suggestion. It could be more convenient if the link for " Reporting a Phishing site " where be to be found in the right click context menu, you know, when you click on the Eset icon in the lower right corner.

Attached Files:

15. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Eset

Not so much a direct suggestion to a security improvement to Eset. But a suggestion to extend the Eset Smart Security license to also include a license to Eset mobile security for free. So if you have a, let say, a 2 user license for Eset, then it will cover two PCs and two Smartphones.

Regards, Janus

16. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi there Janus,

Of course I cannot speak on behalf of ESET, but it might depend on the policy from the reseller/distributor.
    I had good experience with the Dutch distributor NOD32 NL earlier this year in that respect (unfortunatily I am not able to read those small smartphones).

17. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey FanJ

Even though I have a very good reseller/distributor here in Denmark, then I dont think he is with me on this idea ;) . My idea was just based on that I have been noticing, that more and more Av vendors have a tendency to toss in a mobile security pack with their Internet security package for free, when buying their more complete internet solution . So why not Eset, it would definitely not weaken their market share/image.

Have a nice day FanJ, regards Janus

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  18. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In North America, ESET sells a package called the ESET Family Security Pack which does this. Other parts of the world may have other bundlings specific to the ESET office or distributors for that region.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

19. Dracula87

Dracula87 Registered Member

ESET Live Grid. Seeing processes is good. Disabling them is perfect. If I see a process that could be a virus - I want ESET to disable it/remove it and/or quarantine the file. Think about it as an ESET Task Manager inside the Live Grid view: see a virus process (example: g56msd2.exe) - right click on it - stop process and quarantine the file. I remove the virus process, I quarantine the file and send you the file for ESET to add to the signatures.

20. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey Dracula87

Really like your idea :thumb: , but I think it should be a feature that only could be enabled in the advanced setup, with a notice to be extremely cautious, and that feature should only to be used by, Advanced users. Otherwise I think, it could be a feature that for the average user could truly bring havoc to your system.( that would terminate/ quarantine vital processes).

Regards, Janus

21. Dracula87

Dracula87 Registered Member

Maybe, but I do believe that if a user sees that dfg32sj2kj.exe type of virus with ESET Live Grid showing him that it is not a safe process... I agree that it may be enabled for Advanced users, such as myself :D .

--------------

BTW, how about an additional HOSTS manager? Blocking and/or asking with a popup window that some program wants to modify HOSTS?

22. BellaBoo

BellaBoo Registered Member

ditto!

23. BellaBoo

BellaBoo Registered Member

hello eset devs :)

is it possible for you to 'employ' someone to author help topics that actually help users?

if so, i'm up for the challenge!

i'm confounded by this anti-theft facility and even tho i have marcos 'on the job' [i've not heard back from him yet], the gui still informs me to 'configure' the damned thing and the help topics are ambiguous at best and lack meaningful content, including informative graphics!

24. dwood

dwood Registered Member

Is there (in the pipe line) or if not could it be added to a wish list, the ability to have some kind of file auditing within device control.

In the device control product we have just moved from, it had full file auditing and restrictions.

This would be very useful in the event of needing to track if files have been copied onto or from storage devices.

Thanks,

Dan

25. encus

encus Registered Member

How about changing the product name to NOD32 Smart Security? I think Nod32 is more familiar to most of people.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.