Full version not working? $49.99 wasted?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Hippster, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hippster

Hippster Registered Member

Ok,

So I'm up real late last night trying to find a program that will allow me to create another partition on my SATA RAID 0 array. I find Disk Director, download the trial version and install it. I try to create the partition, but the trial version says I can only create a partition of the minimum size (7.844MB?) which I go ahead and do just to see if it works, which it does, or at least appears to...

Happy with the results, I purchase the full version, fully expecting to be able to manipulate the partition in whatever way I chose. Wrong. The full version will not resize, delete or do anything I want it to do with my new, ever so useful 7.844MB partition. At this point, I start to wonder if it has actually created a partition, or if simply assigned a drive letter to the 8MB cache that my 2 drives have (totaling 8MB because they are in a RAID 0 config I think, or am I wrong?)

So at this point, I think ok, I will create another partition and leave the 7.844MB partition alone. I go through all the motions, click commit and reboot, and the pc gets to the Windoze scroll bar once and reboots again, (I assume because the operation is a 2 part procedure) but just hangs on the second reboot. No HDD activity, no nothin for over an hour. I finally reset the pc, all boots normally and I get back to Windoze to look at the log, and it gives the terminated by user error? I certainly did no such thing.

I went the website, downloaded the latest drivers, installed them, still no luck.

I am running Windows XP SP2 on 2 WD Raptors in a RAID 0 config, currently only one partion C: on it, and booting from it.

I would appreciate some some help if anyone has any suggestions...

TIA,

Hippster

2. Coldwet

Coldwet Registered Member

3. Hippster

Hippster Registered Member

Re: Full version not working? $49.99 wasted? Vista NOT seeing new partition?

Thanks for the links Coldwet, as I was indeed able to accomplish the task I set out to do in my first post:)

I see in some other posts that Vista has not been tested with any Acronis products. Would that mean that it is possible, that because I created a Primary NTFS partition on 2 WD Raptors running in SATA Raid0 (New D: ) using Disk Director, Windows Vista would not be able to see said partition, and therefore refuse to install?

The things is, I can see the original partition (C: ) in Vista's recovery options, as well as a 120Gb USB HDD and a 128MB USB thumb drive. I can also see a X: volume, which is not removable, and is around 320MB in size. I can also browse to all the places from within Vista setup, but I do not get a "where do you want to install Vista" prompt.

I click install, 30-60 secs later Vista says "unable to locate information for my drives", then hangs for 2-3 mins and goes back to the Install Vista menu...

Wow, I never thought partitioning a hard drive could be such a pain in the bum...

Thanks again Coldwet..

4. Coldwet

Coldwet Registered Member

Hippster,

I am seriously happy it worked for you :)
    I can also happily report that it worked for me as well, hehe. :D

As to your Vista questions, I have no idea, but maybe someone will chime in with some ideas.

Again, very glad to see we both got it working.

-Coldwet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.