Full version - first uninstall trial version better ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ocky, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I am very happy with the 'smooth' and unobtrusive manner in which NOD32 is protecting my system. Now I want to install NOD32 on my wife's laptop as well. I would prefer first installing the trial version. However, when I installed and later upgraded to the full version via the built in update function, there was a discrepancy with the internet filter version and build numbers. They were older than those in the full version. See this thread...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=158525
    Is this still the case ? If so I will just have to uninstall the trial version before installing the paid full version, as I did on my desktop.

Another question please: When viewing the logs after a full scan, one would expect the blue locked items to be always the same, unless there are more restore points or something new was installed that has protected files.
    However, some scans show locked ...Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys and at other times these are absent from the full scan logs.

Regards and thanks. :thumb:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

These numbers have no impact to the protection , Ocky , just a simple number bugs for a malware that is no longer spreading , really . I really have no idea if it has been "fixed" but it really doesn't matter when it comes to protection . You can do it as you like it (either uninstall trial , then install full or use the upgrade to full versions button) :thumb:

These remain always lock with me and I know the reason . There are too many reasons for these to be blocked/visible and it both cases there is no problem because they can't be infected.If you really want for them to be always accessable , you can boot in Safe Mode (for XP Home) or in Normal (for XP Pro) and try taking ownership of the folder in question (Full rights) for your account , but it is really not necessary ;)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Internet filter refers to the packet worm scanner incorporated in IMON. You are protected not more or less if you have an older or newer version of it installed.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thank you Marcos and HiTech boy ! I will not bother you with these questions again. :) :cool: :thumb:

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem , Ocky ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.