Full-screen/idle-detection - when can we expect it?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by raven211, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Hi, Prevx! I was simply wondering when we can expect such a feature which will be enabled by default to ensure that Prevx doesn't interrupt the user while using his computer (with intensive tasks)? v4.0 or before that?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This will be coming in the next update before Prevx 4 :)

3. raven211

Thanks, Joe. ;) Is anything else new planned for that release as well that's significant? (Protection, functionality, GUI, etc.)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  4. PrevxHelp

We're still deciding on what will be available to the end consumer in the next release but it will contain the secure browser/antikeylogger/antiscreengrabber functionality as well as quite a lot of under-the-hood changes. The GUI is mostly unchanged except for the additional functionality.

This next release will definitely be a "bridge" to 4.0 but I suspect we will keep the version number at 3.0 just for simplicity.

5. raven211

Thank you. :)

6. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Re. the new antiscreengrabber feature, will it possible to whitelist screengrabber apps, so that they will not cause an alert while taking screenshots (as long as malware hasn't infected the screengrabber app, that is) ?

7. PrevxHelp

Currently we don't have that functionality but we're focusing the anti-screengrabber/anti-keylogger around the visitation of secured websites (i.e. your online banking account) and we don't apply it in all cases, primarily just so that you can use screengrabbing programs without complaints.

8. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Looks likw Prevx will be providing the same sort of cover that Zemana and Sandboxie bave given me to date. If it covers all that Zemna does (take a look at their site Joe) and covers IE in a similar way to Sandboxie, Prevx 4 could be a stonking app.

Any idea whan the next update to 3 with some more functionality will be released to testers?

Puss

9. Defenestration

As long as it protects malicious screen grab attempts, that's all that matters. Will this new protection only work when connected to the Internet ?

Thanks Puss. I wasn't aware of Zemana, and it looks to offer protection which I don't currently have. I agree that if the same functionality/protection could be integrated into PrevX, that would be great.

I used to run a lot of security apps, but as I never got infected, I trimmed it down to just a firewall and AV. I have been considering PrevX for a while now, and Zemana type protection (to go with PrevX's existing protection) would be the perfect complement to my existing setup.

10. Defenestration

Just noticed that Zemana doesn't support x64 :thumbd: , whereas PrevX does support x64 :thumb:

11. PrevxHelp

The screen protection works on the browser to protect configured websites so "technically" it would only work when connected to the internet but it is not dependent on the internet to operate.

12. Defenestration

Is that also the case with the keylogger protection ?

I haven't tested Zemano, but will the new anti-screengrab/anti-key logging functionality offer similar SSL logging protection to that offered by Zemano's SSL Logging protection ?

Will you also be adding Anti-WebCam Logging and Anti-clipboard Logging ?

13. PrevxHelp

Keylogger protection is also agnostic of the internet (except that it is applied to websites specifically - by default the screengrabber/keylogger protection applies to all HTTPS websites, for instance).

We also have SSL logging protection and clipboard logging protection but have not looked into webcam protection yet.

14. Defenestration

Does that mean it won't work if my browser is not running, or is there an option to have the anti-screengrabber/keylogger running all the time ?

Great stuff. Please consider adding webcam protection in a future update.

15. PrevxHelp

While we technically can secure any details being entered anywhere, we currently are focusing primarily on the browser itself, as that is the place where the highest security would need to be applied (i.e. for logins, etc.). We don't have an option to use it outside of the browser currently but depending on requests, we may make this a more global feature.

16. Defenestration

How is the new anti-keylogger feature different from PrevX's existing keylogger detection ? Surely the existing keylogger detection will detect any keyloggers running, then block & alert the user. Is this not the case ?

17. PrevxHelp

Any kind of heuristics/detection is imperfect, no matter how hard we try. This approach looks at it from the generic perspective and rather than trying to block the programs themselves, we block the concept of logging keystrokes - basically creating a secured tunnel between your the keypresses and their destination program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.