full or safe mode

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by shakespeare, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakespeare

shakespeare Registered Member

can't boot from cd and start full mode(although safe mode works). running windows xp home edition 5.1.2600 sservice pack 2 build 2600. tried adding acpi=off noapic to linux command but nothing changed. tried following directions to generate sysinfo.txt but receievd an error message after mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir. double checked everything to make sure there were no typos. looks like i did everything right. need to be able to start full mode from cd. what next?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well it is safe to assume your system doesn't have a floppy drive :) .You can make the sysinfo file to your hard drive. In XP Accessories\System Tools\SysInfo click on File\SaveAs choose a name and you'll have a system.nfo file.

What exactly happens - do you get to the Acronis Loading ..... or just the flashing rectabgle on the top left of screen, do you get any error message?

Is this a new motherboard, ram etc, what doesn't work whilst using safe mode?

Colin

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  3. shakespeare

shakespeare Registered Member

i can only use safe mode. i need full mode to change drive letters-i've used ti9 to image my old c drive to another drive (k) and I need to change k to c (i'm removing the old drive). i have a floppy drive (a) and a blank, formatted floppy in the drive when trying to obtain the sysinfo file. when i boot from the disk, i get a screen that has 3 choices: safe mode, full mode, and continue to windows xp. if i choose full mode, the loader starts but never loads dd10, rather it simply reboots. my computer is a compaq presario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.