Full + incremental

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rico, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi, I would like to create a full image to my external USB HD, then just icremental images, how do you do this in ver. 8?

Also can you choose which increment + full image to restore? Like Full image of C:\ , then (lets say 6 incrmental BU's, have been saved) can I choose the full image & the 4th increment to restore? If so how?

In your answer, create a full image followed by incremntal BUs to USB drive & restore using choice of incremnts. Feel free to reference page numbers in the manual.

Thanks
    rico

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rico,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Here is the scheme you should follow:

- Create the initial full image saving it to the external USB hard drive.

- Create an icremental images by selecting "Append changes incrementally" and choosing the last created full or incremental image on the respective screens of the Create Image wizard.

Please be aware that incremental image contains only the changes made on your hard drive since the last full or incremental image has been created.

Please also note that the full image along with all it's incrementals are the volumes of the entire image archive. This means that the initial full image and all it's incrementals should be located in the same folder in order to be able to restore this entire image archive.

In case you will create another full image you will need to create a new corresponding incremental images.

Yes, you will be able to restore the fourth incremental image. To do this you will need to select the appropriate incremental image (they are enumerated and dated) on the respective screen of the Restore Image wizard.

Actually, this is the main idea of the incremental backups, since this approach allows you to restore your system to the state it had at some particular point in time (when the fourth incremental image was created in your case).

You can find more detailed information on how to perform these actions in chapters 4 and 5 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

If you will have any further questions please let me know what exact steps described in Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide you can not understand or perform.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.