Full/incremental rolling backup scheduling

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by crypto1701, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crypto1701

crypto1701 Registered Member

Hello,

I was using Acronis TrueImage, but am moving away from them with my move to Windows 8. I use to do incrementals against the full disk every night with the "Create a new full backup every n days" set to 14 and it would create a full every 2 weeks and then create incrementals for those fulls for the next 13 days. I had to do cleanup myself, but I cannot find a way with Disk Suite 12 (demo) to set up an automatically rolling full/incremental setup.. at least not at the disk/partition level.

Is it possible to do this, or do I have to create new tasks every time I want a new full? I really don't want to mess with the scripts (not a fan of Windows implementation of scripting)..

Thanks,
    Rog

2. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

crypto1701,

This is *not* a feature of the paragon products yet. In order to fully do what you want with paragon you have to write your own script. This is probably best (done imho) with another scripting language combined with paragon's script vs just using paragon's scripting, as the paragon script language is not as robust as say vbscript (for example).

... Yes, this is one area where the Paragon Backup products is lacking (imho), when compared with products like Acronis and Macrium.
    ... However, as a benefit, I have found paragon products to be reliable for backups and restores on my pc.
    ... Personally, I do *not* use differential backups. I always execute scheduled - full image backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.