Full F-Secure + Adaware Pro for free w/Lifetime License.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SDS909, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i did think nod would do better.

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

True, but igloos only survive in very cold area's :p otherwise they melt... Moscow is cold enough for me ;)

3. waters

waters Registered Member

thought nod would do better.
    It is good but others do better.

4. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

If the second largest AV-vendor scored 1563/1734, or 90.1 %, against my trojanlike samples, then NOD's result 1545/1734, or 89.1 %, is actually VERY good, absolutely the same level trojanlike protection than McAfee in this case.

You should wonder more likely, how do those McAfee people spend their working hours? ;)

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Oh, they just keep working 24 hours and they can work better b'coz of previous experience with McAfee support they dont get too many support calls :p :)

6. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi FF .
    I STILL do not understand this talk of trojans . If ya person cares so much about security and cares about tests , then that person HAS to have an AT as well . If that person does not , they need a brain scan . KAV is good . Why does it matter ? If someone takes the time to ask how good an AV is a detedting trojans , they NEED an AT as well .

7. Firefighter

Over 90 % of PC user's haven't even heard the word of trojan among malwares, why should they use an AT then? That's why a good trojan like detection with an AV is a MUST.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

8. Sputnik

I don't use serparate AT... F-Secure does enough, besides of that, how you get infected with a trojan anyway :p
    Using the right browser/e-mail and a clear mind is good enough... F-Secure is there to back me in that :)

9. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

What's the firewall like ? Has anybody tested it at shields up etc ? Does it protect against outgoing ?

10. Sputnik

The firewall is ok, it passes all online tests... It's not very good at leaktests but it will protect you for all the other outgoing traffic... It has very fast filtering and I surf much faster with the F-Secure firewall then with ZA or Kaspersky...

11. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Thanks FF .
    But , I still do not understand . If 90 % don't know what a trojan is , why do they need an AV with good trojan detection . Is it because since they do not know about trojans , hence , they do not know about AT programs ? I guess that makes sense but , still goes back to the brain scan thing . They should learn ./ And Style . I am surprised you only use that AV for trojan protection . Thought you would use an AT . Again . Thanks FF . I think I kinda get it now . And hey . Whenever the timee comes around again . Since Arcavir is new , would love to see more tests on it . I use it . I like it . feels very strong in my real world tests . Thanks

12. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Thanks. Curiosity has got the better of me I think I'll give this a go.

13. Sputnik

Well, I've a couple reasons why I don't use any AT:

1) Good AT programs wich can scan in realtime cost money wich I can't miss...
    2) I never had any Trojan since I use the internet, I think you can get infected by using "fake" downloads, or by using the wrong browser (Internet Explorer :p)...

The AT scanners wich are free are only for on-demand scanning, maybe I should look at that once, but I feel no need too... F-Secure has a great trojan detection so I feel secure enough...

14. bravesrule

bravesrule Registered Member

i wonder if this antivirus would work for my sister since she only has avast on her cpu

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Can i use ShawSecure serial for F-Secure products(not rebranded)?
    If so,where can you download full versions off F-Secure site? I can getr only trial (or do you just enter full product serial and it's working?).
    I would need only antivirus,not complete suite.
    Thx

16. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I don't know about using ShawSecure serial #s on F-Secure, but as far as F-Secure itself is concerned you can download the trial version and then enter your serial number.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Just tried and it doesn't work :( I'll try the Shaw package if i'll be able to turn of stuff that i don't need...

18. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

The serial doesn't work with the Microsoft 6 month trial of F-Secure AntiVirus 2005 - I tried that (different products maybe). But it might work with the trial of the Internet Security 2005 product which is what this Shaw rebranded product is. A 1 month trial is available on the F-Secure website if you care to try - just enter the serial once installed.

http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/list.shtml

Ned

19. Firefighter

No, doesn't work in there either, I've tried that with the Finnish version, but it doesn't matter so much for me.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

20. Ned Slider

Good to know - but I don't think it's an issue as the Shaw rebranded product doesn't appear to be cut down in any way from your excellent test results.

Good work!

Ned

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hmm....All we need is a resident graphic artist to edit the HTML interface so it says F-Secure not shaw secure :p:)

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No,i meant standalone app with only antivirus. This suite has so much "crap" that i'll never need. And why would i run 6 apps if i need only 1?
    And turning off specific providers isn't the same (then i have yellow exclamation signs everywhere which is annoying).

23. Ned Slider

Then try the 6 month trial of the F-Secure AV 2005 package linked from the Microsoft website. By the time it expires in 6 months, a 2006 version will probably be out and it'll be time to upgrade anyway.

Ned

24. Thorny

Thorny Registered Member

25. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

is it a set and leave firewall like pc cillian? ? regards md

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.