Full Disk Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bob.rickman, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob.rickman

bob.rickman Registered Member

Hi,

I`ve been trying for weeks to make a full disk image of Disk1.
    I am using version 7.0 build 584 and have tried to do a disk image to CDR, External USB drive and another internal IDE drive.
    I always get the same result. Failure.
    Log entries as follows:
    8 Error 1 1,004 [0x103EC] Date/Time Can not find partition with path \local\hd_partsn[315A12F2].
    9 Warning 1 100[0x10064] Date/Time Failed to process pair script:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\AE991543-3814-446E-90CF-69325CF9328B.tmp.tib.tis
    10 Error 100 5[0x640005] Date/Time Image creation failed

My hard disk appears to be on the way out and am awaiting replacement.
    As full disk image fails I am afraid that Disk Clone may fail for similar reasons, but am unable to test it in advance.

Anybody seen this before and have a solution/explanation? Fingers crossed...!

Bob Rickman

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bob.rickman

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

The only thing I can suggest is to get the latest Ti7 Build #627 and try it.

Make a CD-BootDisk [or floppy] of both Full and Safe, and try with them [to see which works best] to see if it helps.

Booting from the BootDisk usualy avoids any conflicts with your system programs and installed software.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Most likely you will be unable to image from within Windows when your disk is going bad. Likewise booting from the recovery disk will most likely fail to make an image. You need to copy as many critical files as possible to CD or your second drive as soon as possible. Copy down all your passwords as well as serial numbers for your installed software. If this is XP use the "Settings and File Transfer" wizard to export information also. When you rebuild your drive from scratch, this will come in handy.

4. bob.rickman

bob.rickman Registered Member

Upgraded to #627 after my first post...No change to outcome.

Booting from Rescue disk did the job....so thanks very much.
    Somewhere it says to only use the rescue disk when unable to boot normally, and I have only ever used it to recover an image, when booting from HD not possible.
    For anyones information I successfully did a disk clone operation from a 40gb drive with 4 partitions to a 20gb drive. This was in the way of a dummy run for my awaited new drive.

Bob Rickman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.