Full Backup vs Incremental?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ed_H, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I typically do a full backup each Monday and then incremental backups daily. If I set up all backups to "append changes to the existing archive" will the first backup of the week on Monday be the same as if I had indicated full backup?

Also, is there any way to have the check image process as part of the schedule script or does that have to be initiated manually?

Thanks.
    Ed

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Ed,

I can answer your second question about image checking. Right now, this is only a manual process. I've spoken to support about this as well, and I believe they plan to integrate an automated image verification system in future releases.

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

A full backup images 'all' sectors of the disk(s) or partition(s) you have selected for backup. An incremental backup images only those sectors that have changed since the previous backup irrespective of whether the previous backup was a full or an incremental backup. However, if you specify an incremental backup when there is no previous backup then TI will image 'all' sectors as if a full backup had been specified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.