FTP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi i noticed i had an address in my my documents browser thing dont rememeber it at all, as i dont use FTP 206.132.195.163
    i see files when i hit enter is that connected to someone elseo_O? is this dangerous can i disable ftp? using win xp pro thanks MD

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ftp is a protocol for moving files from one computer to another, it uses port 21. the IP you gave leads to a wood mill in Arkansas.

where did you find the IP address?

i know what it's like wondering about odd connections i seem to send half my life confused by what i find o_O :oops:

EDIT maybe it's Phoenix, Arizona. the mill is called Arkansas Mill :D

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Using HTTP you are correct but using FTP:// 206.132.195.163 it leads to a directory listing of a few files. I am also not clear which location the IP was found in :doubt:

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, i can't ever connect to ftp with my proxy, but i just disconnected it and had a look. lots of cabs and other windows stuff in the /Office Professional 2003 and a /zip file with a funny name.

i think it's in Phoenix.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall.ch?domain=206.132.195.163

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

well it was in my documents address bar i typed ftp and there it was ? its not a security risk is it? im in oz so not sure never been to a mill..lmao MD

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'm not sure, i think i've forgotten how windows works, you mean autocomplete? sorry if i sound slow, i'm not using windows atm and i've never used autocomplete. you could do a search for a file called winks.zip and see if you have it on your HDD, i saw that on the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.