FTP location + failing to backup to usb drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pmivp, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

I am testing Acronis Echo Enterprise Server on 4 servers. 3 on the LAN which backup to a NAS without issue and images can be restored to new hardware - perfection!

The 4th Server is in our DMZ. I had previously created created a couple of images to a USB hard drive but using the product before Echo was released. I now have 2 problems since Echo was installed.

1. My NAS will support ftp so I thought I would try a backup via ftp from one of the Servers on the LAN before configuring the firewall to allow ftp through from the Server in the DMZ.
    When entering the ftp location it keeps asking for a username and password but the NAS does not use one. I hit cancel but cannot set the ftp "target", the next button is greyed out. Am I missing something obvious?

2. I really wanted to get another image of the Server in the DMZ to test with Universal Restore, so I plugged the USB drive back in and set up a backup to run overnight. Backup failed with error 0x70004. After some research I enabled multi-volume support but last night's test backup failed again with these errors.

Cannot perform this operation in the quiet mode. (0x103F1)
    Tag = 0xFDC1CBDF2C233591
    Error writing the file. (0x40003)
    Tag = 0xFDC1CBDF2C233592

Failed to write data to the archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality.

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated.
    Details:
    Write error (0x70004)
    Tag = 0x9D2DE1F088CBC4D2
    Cannot perform this operation in the quiet mode. (0x103F1)
    Tag = 0xFDC1CBDF2C233591
    Error writing the file. (0x40003)
    Tag = 0xFDC1CBDF2C233592

Any ideas?

I am going to try another drive tonight to see if it's that.

Thanks

2. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

Backup completed to a different usb hard drive so I can continue testing the restore feature but I still need info on the ftp issue.

Thanks.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pmivp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please try using "Anonymous" for both login and password.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. mejensen1

mejensen1 Registered Member

I get the same errors trying to backup a large directory to a DVD RW disc in Acronis True Image Home.

5. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

Using "anonymous" allowed me to set the ftp location :D

Thank you

6. Acronis Support

Hello mejensen1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please describe your actions in some more details.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Acronis Support

Hello Pmivp,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.