Frustrating time with TI Home 11 image backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enduser999, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Have an out of town client who is using XP Pro SP2 and TI Home 11 build 8101 and problems with doing backups of his C: and D:. He was having problems with the backup stopping due to apparent errors reading a couple of sectors from Drive 2. I thought that it could be that the drive in question was a Seagate 500GB drive which had buggy firmware.

So I restored two images of each partition to a brand new WD 640GB hard drive. The backups seem to go fine for a couple of days and now TI is again complaining of Failed to read data from the disk. I checked my notes and the sectors are not always the same ones. I used Spinrite on the old drive and the new one and neither of them showed any problems.

When TI indicates that the drive 2 is the problem one, I look in TI and Drive 2 is another separate drive not involved in the imaging. If I go into Computer Mgmt Drive 2 is in fact the new drive!

Why is TI still having backup problems?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. enduser999

Well I already performed a chkdsk 2 weeks ago and the problem still occurred. Since the drivers referred to in that article are for Acronis True Image Home 2009 Build 9709 or Acronis True Image Echo Build 8203/8206 there are not applicable to this case. I am still confused on which partition on the physical hard drive Acronis is referring to when it indicates Drive 2. Does that mean the 2 physical drive (starting from number 1) or the third physical drive (starting from number 0 like Windows Computer Mgmt does)?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I think Acronis starts from Disk 1 in Windows.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

Have you installed SnapAPI update using this link

If the issue persists please attach the following diagnostic information to your next reply:

1) Could you please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and send it to us? Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.
    2) Screenshot of the Disk Management (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management)

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. superdoug3

superdoug3 Registered Member

This is the same response I got after sending in my Acronis Report along with some TXT files to illustrate my bug that I found in Acronis True Image 2009 Home Rescue disk.

7. enduser999

I never reponded to Acronis because I was able to determine what file was causing the problem. I used the free util winhex (this app is not for beginners) It was one in the temp folder so I deleted the file and havent had a problem since.

8. superdoug3

superdoug3 Registered Member

RESOLVED, mix up on my part

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.