Frustrating Problem - Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

For the last few months I have been unable to display certain web sites properly (see pic). I believe (but not sure) the problem is with Active-X or Javascript. I'm guessing the problem was caused by one of the security applications I've installed, but for the life of me I can't determine which one is causing the problem.

Regarding my browser security settings, for Trusted sites, I have security settings at an absolute minimum. EVERYTHING is allowed.

For ZA Pro, I have all three privacy settings turned OFF.

Any other ideas?? Maybe something I need to reinstall??

Attached Files:

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Daisey, ;)

What sites are giving you problems? Is the whole site displayed like the pic, or just parts? ... That allow everything attitude may cause you trouble in the future ... even with Trusted Sites, one must exercise caution ... a balance between functionality and security can be achieved. I'm sure many will lend assistance to this, once we correct the current issue.

Steve

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Numerous. All that displays is what you see. :doubt:

No kidding. ;) I'm only doing so in an attempt to resolve the problem. Once resolved, I'll ratchet settings back up, with the exception of the one causing the difficulty - assuming I can isolate it. :rolleyes:

P.S. Dog - I really like the new Avatar. It's really you!! :D

4. dog

dog Guest

Could you give a few examples of sites? (1 or 2) ... I'll check them and see.

You're using NetCaptor right? Does the problem exist using another browser? Does ZA have sometype of parental control function? (which maybe blocking it)

Steve

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks, Dog. :)

Here is a page. See if it displays for you.

http://www.bellsouth.com/consumer/equipment/maxCDv3.html

Yes, using NetCaptor. But it is a problem with IE as well. No parental function that I can see.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

the page is macromedia flash :)

EDIT i think you can check to see if you have it by windows>system32>macromed>flash

7. dog

dog Guest

Have you enabled Spyware Blasters - Flash Killer? Those are Flash Pages.

8. Dazed_and_Confused

I do have SB installed with all options checked, but I don't see anything about Flash Pages.

[MOVE] DISREGARD - I FOUND IT. THANKS!![/MOVE]

Attached Files:

9. Dazed_and_Confused

I disabled that feature, but page is still not displaying. I will try restarting my PC and get back to you. Will probably be tomorrow - it's past my bedtime, and I need to get my beauty sleep.

Thanks a BUNCH. :D

10. nick s

nick s Registered Member

No luck getting there with either IE or Opera (with or without Proxo). Just using SpywareBlaster and MVPS's host file on this system (and Outpost Pro with privacy-related features disabled).

Nick

11. Dazed_and_Confused

Guess what. I didn't need to restart my PC. I just needed to restart my browser. It's working!!!!!!

Your the best! I owe you one more.... :D

I will jack the settings back up. But I will probably start another post tomorrow in another forum to get some suggestions on what settings are optimum.

Thanks again!!

12. dog

dog Guest

Glad I could help Daisey. :)

My Pleasure. :)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.