Frustrating E00070004 error!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maverickluke, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maverickluke

maverickluke Registered Member

I have TI9 build 3677 and have not been able to successfully backup using DVD+R media. After putting the first disc in, I get the message:

E00070004: Failed to write data to the archive file.

A possible reason might be poor media quality

I have read through numerous past posts about this error. Apparently this seems to be a common problem with Acronis. I have now wasted over 10 dvds and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no success.

Please help.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Even if you are successful with backing up to DVDs it will be a painfully slow process and will seem even slower if you ever have to restore/recover. It would be much better to use another hard drive (internal or external) as the Destination for your backup images. The extra cost of the hard drive is a small price to pay to save your sanity.
    After backing up the images to the hard drive, for extra security, you can then use your favorite burner software to burn the images to dvd.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I totally agree with Ralphie. Backing up directly to DVD sounds cool but the speed is the pits especially on a restore and especially if your backup spans more than one DVD.

I backup to an internal drive and then write selected images to DVD using the 2-step method for off-line security of backup.

The 2-step method means creating the archive on another HD or the same one and then using Nero, Roxio or your favorite burning program to burn the archive to DVD. This gives you control on the burn speed and other parameters. Always use the burning programs "verify after burning" feature to ensure the media and the burn was good.

Using this method the only thing you have to ensure is that you use the TI option or defaults to have your image split to a DVD size or smaller.

4. maverickluke

maverickluke Registered Member

I hear what you are saying, but let's say my system crashes to the point where the os cannot even boot. Can I use the bootable rescue disc to boot and then my external hard drive to restore the archive that I created? Also, do you think it is better to then burn this to several dvds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.