Frustrated

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vigilant1, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigilant1

Vigilant1 Registered Member

First of all, I would like to say Acronis tech support really blows! What really sucks is I am to blame by my company for choosing this product. We have 30 Windows 2003 servers local and another 15 abroad. I chose this product because of its ability to image off servers. I was really hoping to make a quick come back for disaster recovery purposes.

I needed a little support when we first bought the product so I called tech support. After talking with them for about 10 minutes the guy became so frustrated by the language barrier he hung up the phone on me. I called back really upset. The next guy was talking to me and had the same problem. I speak English by the way. He told me to use the tech support email because there was a language barrier, and that email support would be fairly quick. Wrong! Email support takes about 3 days or more! This is what I get for enterprise support.

I shouldn’t have to post enterprise support questions on a forum, when I am paying for support. Does CA, or Symantec force people to do this? Anyway, I copied actual error logs from my backups as well as screen shots and emailed support problems I have had since. It has taken at least 3 days for them to get back to me and their response is very lame. I’ll be talking to my rep today or tomorrow.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Re: Frusterated

I certainly agree you shouldn't have to post on a forum if you paid for enterprise support! In the purchase contract or whatever, was a minimum response or resolution time stated? If you don't have that pinned down you are a bit further out on the limb.

I am surprised by the number of people with similar complaints regarding the high-priced option. For a $40 home product you can't expect much but for the enterprise product being used on mission critical machines it is terrible.

Good luck.

Edit: Added second paragraph

3. Vigilant1

Vigilant1 Registered Member

Well, I'm really frusterated with the language barrier thing. This is a big problem and felt I was slapped in the face. To be told to use email support instead of calling in is an insult! Then to use email support and them dance around it makes life even worse. I'm not new to this at all and have been very detailed in my support email. Even copying and emailing Acronis the Log and build number of the product. Unfortunatley I will have to post my problems until I can get off this product. We have a year maintenance and just bought the product. The only support I really did get was from my rep who contacted an American who worked for Acronis on the East coast. Sorry for the gripe, but this is aimed at people who are thinking about buying this product for the enterprise.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Regardless of the circumstance, unilaterally hanging up on a customer should not be an option, ever.
    If you have purchased an AMPS contract, you shouldn't have to go through these hoops. I'd suggest contacting your rep now, don't wait a day, don't wait an hour. From what you've said, this shouldn't be your problem, put the ball in their court.

Blue

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Vigilant1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support License (AMPS) provides access to phone-based, email-based technical support and web-based support resources for the Acronis Software a well as software updates and upgrades for your product for free.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. Could you please let me know via PM your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter and the name of the person you have contacted with? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

We will defiantly do our best in order to solve any issues you have experienced with Acronis Software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.