Frustrated New User/Error 2878

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bobr1961, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobr1961

bobr1961 Registered Member

I just purchased a refurbished laptop and attempting to install NOD32 Antivirus 5 and keep getting and Error 2878. I have unistalled the Norton trial version that was on the computer but continue to get the error.

Help!!!

2. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This error may also occur if there's Nokia software installed.

4. bobr1961

bobr1961 Registered Member

I looked in all of my programs and Norton is not on there any longer. There is not any Nokia downloads on it as well.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

run the norton removal tool regardless from the above link in step 4

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please create an install log as per the instructions here, upload it somewhere and PM me the download link as well as information about your oper. system.

7. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

You can have traces of Norton in many other places that in c:\Programs files and also in the register.

8. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

Good advice. I also remember when I first tried installing Eset NOD32 version 5.0, I got a warning about the presence of Trend Micro software. At the time, I said to myself, "What Trend Micro software?" Then I recalled that I had used the online scanner from Trend Micro and that was still on my system. I had to uninstall that in order to get NOD32 installed. So, it's well to check whether there is a version of the Norton online scanner (or Symantec, can't recall for sure) present anywhere. Just uninstalling Norton AV probably would not remove that. OK, just checked and the options are the Norton Security Check, which you download, or the Symantec Security Check which is online and is used manually. I believe from past experience that files will be downloaded to your computer with the Symantec Security Check, so that with either option, you'd have something on your system that Eset would detect when installing ESS or NOD32.

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

10. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.