From the first Beta until the Final the same install error... Eset ignored all users

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by RollingBack Action, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollingBack Action

RollingBack Action Registered Member

From the first Beta until the Final the same install error... Eset ignored all users:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190125
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1084870
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=188892

After every Beta hoped it would be resolved... nothing happened.... finally I hoped that at least the Final would work... but also the same problems.

Eset seems to not care about their buggy software and being ignoring problems as long as 90% of the users don't have that problem... the left 10% are left alone.

Thanks Eset. Good Bye Eset. Forever.

PS: No, I have not any other security software running in the background and also not any other software too. It happens still with an absolutely clean system, on all my computers (and I am not the only one- see the other threads) . During or after installing drivers a message "RollingBack Action" appears and the whole installation runs back and finally that screen appears .... since the first Beta ... until the current final. I am very excitedly if Eset can suppress that problem in the future when the whole masses tries this software and not only some beta testers... that error will be a really fun for buyers which don't try a trial version before.

Attached Files:

• ESS.jpg
      ESS.jpg
      File size:
      49.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi RollingBack Action,

For this issue it is probably worth sending an email to support [at] eset [dot] com with a link to this thread and your NOD32 licence number for priority.

HTH

Cheers :)

3. ugly

ugly Registered Member

I know hou you feel. :(
    I never , ever had a word back from support team (or someone else) about the issue. :thumbd:
    This is not the way it should be. :'(

4. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Re: From the first Beta until the Final the same install error... Eset ignored all us

Come on guys & gals!

Things could be alot worse, no doubt some of you used ZA in the past. ESS may have a few bugs, but compared to other AVS suites, this is nothing.

For those ex ZA users, remember it screwed Messenger, allowed blocked processes to access the internet; etc.
    For ex Norton users, the smart update was hit and miss and the memory it hogged was unbelivable.
    I'm coming to the end of PC-cillian 07 (runs out in about 4 weeks), That was an improvment on Norton & ZA, But ESS is ten times better. for instance I can leave on online scan running and go and do something in PSE and I notice no drop in processing speed. You can switch users and they have no slow down either. ESS runs in the background at 940k, that is very light on usage.

Please don't turn this forum into a slanging match - ESS is a new product and yes the bugs found on the Beta testing may still be there, but if as the OP says 90% are happy then there is no real issue - is there?

We all need to remember, hundreds if not thousands of people bought or are trialing ESS in the past couple of days, maybe that is why Support have been slow in getting back to you. AND you must remember like most things ESS may not work properly on your PC or Network for a variety of reasons. That is why were always being told to trial it first. AVAST didn't work for me, I can't trial the full Avira suite, PC-cillain is getting bloated. ESS is the same price as Trend, but at least ESS doesn't rely on scans to find viruses.

5. RollingBack Action

Re: From the first Beta until the Final the same install error... Eset ignored all us

breaking up and refuse the installation is nothing? Interesting view. Not even one of all other tested firewalls in the past did doing that.

and they are ignoring us. And obviously they don't read the forum.

And I don't think there are too many reasons for that problem: At first its definitely the Firewall part because Antivirus works fine. Second it must be either a correlation between a hardware-driver or a closed windows-service in my eyes. Maybe any registry stuff too. Don't know.

I posted in my other thread months ago this part of the installation log file where the installation stopped, but nobody of Eset cares about that.

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi RollingBack Action,

Almost forgot - RE my previous post #2 above, please post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers :)

7. RollingBack Action

no, i wont send them a mail again, its senseless anyway and like I said in my first post, Eset is history for me and I will not use it anymore. Arent they matured enough to have a look in this forum? And I know already know what would happen if I send them a mail: either I dont get an answer at all or they will ask me to send the whole huge log file with millions of personal and private datas about my PC... no, thats not how I want to get help... considering I have to help them and publish so many private datas and finally I have to buy it. I would think about that when user with helpful informations would get a free license but not that way.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In the case of a problem removing previous installation, try using the Installation cleanup tool from Microsoft.

This advice is already listed in the FAQ on this forum.

9. RollingBack Action

it has definitely nothing to do with a previous installation. Like I said, it occurs also on clean systems right after windows installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.