From Norton to Nod

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by baffled, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baffled

baffled Registered Member

I've been following closely threads regarding switching from Norton av 2005 to Nod. I know that after I run "remove" within control panel I still have to run three additional files.
    Question 1: I had upgraded from 2003 to 2005 and it seems that there is also a file to remove 2003, so do I run this file "RnisUPG" as well? And, do I run this file after the other three?
    Quetion 2: Apparently there is an option to choose a "windows" or a "Nod" splash screen. Can one change the selection after the install?

Running WIN XP SP2 512 megs of ram - Use Ad-Ware

Thanks,

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

I can only imagine this means disabling the Eset custom GUI under NOD32 System Tools -> NOD32 System Tools -> Setup -> Eset Customer Graphical User Interface. But then again, I can't say for certain since I'm a rebel and disable the splash screen.

-Cov

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi baffled,

If it's Ad-Aware Plus that you're using, please make sure that the Ad-Watch module is not set to 'Automatic' during any stage of this process and that you allow any and all changes related to both removing your previous AV and installing NOD32.

If it's just the regular version of Ad-Aware then you can safely ignore this suggestion.

Either way, hope you enjoy using NOD32 :D

Cheers :)

5. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

From memory, the option to include the splash screen or not is only available when doing an Advanced or Expert install and should the option to include be exercised then or the Typical install method used, the splash screen cannot be removed short of doing an uninstall/reinstall and this time using the exclusion option.

6. baffled

baffled Registered Member

Thanks for the responses.

I'm using free version of Ad ware.
    Is there a virus check from the internet that does not use activex?

thanks,

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

You're welcome :D
    The only ones that come to mind are only for individual files - the best I know of is Virus Total

Cheers :)

8. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

U could try Dr. Web CureIt

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

10. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

No need to re-install. Look under NOD32 System Tools | NOD32 System Setup | Setup | General.

11. framplot

framplot Registered Member

Thank you so much for such a simple, straightforward solution to my problem.
    I searched Google and even this site - on how to disable the Nod32 splash screen - some of the suggested solutions would make you think you were trying to fly to the moon !! I followed the path, exactly as you suggested, and all I had to do was place a tick in a box. My splash screen was sitting there for upwards of 45 seconds and was driving me mad. Once again - many thanks for a solution that DOES actually work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.