from 30 to 0 in one day!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sgarv, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgarv

sgarv Registered Member

Hello,
    I work on people's pcs from my place of employment, friends and neighbors often.
    I have set interested parties up with Nod32 trail edition whenever they express interest in what I recommend. I have in front of me a pc that I installed such on last night. The trail version updated, and I started the full scan and went to bed. Before leaving, I saw it pick up one object. When I got up the next morning, the laptop was shutdown. on startup, the program said Expired. I did put my email addy into the trail request, an address that had been used for another pc's trail version before.
    Question: did the used address cause this or a virus?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The computer probably shut down because there was no keyboard or mouse input after a certain amount of time.

A trial license starts at the time the license was sent out via email, not when the software was installed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The trial version of EAV does not require a username/password to update. The remaining trial period can be affected by the system date so I'd suggest you make sure it's been set correctly. I assume that you didn't install any crack that would affect the trial period either.

By contrast, ESS requires a trial username and password to update which you can obtain after filling in the form at the download page. The trial license is independent from the system date set on your computer.

4. sgarv

sgarv Registered Member

Thanks! I think you got it. I really wasnt thinking when I fixed the wrongly reported date. It was set to a wrong month. Is there any way that I can get the 30 trial back for this person?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.