Friend's computer infected; sending out countless e-mails

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Trist, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trist

Trist Registered Member

Greetings. It's been an age since I last visited Wilders, so I'm not sure you folks still provide assistance to people experiencing virus attacks. I'm writing on behalf of a business contact whose computer has been infected with a virus that is generating multiple e-mails to everyone in her address book.

All the e-mails contain attachments that have a ".txt" or "pdf.txt" extensions. Happily for me my e-mail client has prevented me from opening any of these attachments, but they are all tiny, none more than a dozen kilobytes.

The problem is the frequency with which her computer keeps generating these e-mails. I've received a dozen thus far, as have many or all of her clients. So far her own IT dept has been unable to come up with a fix.

Can anyone here shed light on what might be happening? And what advice I should give her as to how to stop this infestation?

I will gladly furnish whatever additional details you wish me to provide. Just let me know what further info I should ask her for.

Thank you,

Trist

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Trist, Wilders Stopped One-on-One Malware Cleaning Services a long time ago.

Your best bet is to look at the sites listed in the above policy, and also here: If You Are Currently Infected, and have your business contact, seek dedicated assistance in any of them. Best of Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.