Fresh image will not do incremental

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dswigger, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dswigger

dswigger Registered Member

I have a full image:

C_System.tib

and two incrementals:

C_System2.tib
    C_System3.tib

The other day my computer got hijacked by some crummy website and a bunch of crap was installed on my computer.

My thought "This is a perfect time to try out my TI backups".

So I used the last incremental (which happened to be the previous night) and re-imaged my system drive (via the bootable TI CD I had made).

Perfect - my system was back up and running in about 15 minutes.

That was two days ago. Today I wanted to make a new incremental.
    TI creates a C_System4.tib but its a full image.

C_System1.tib : 9,258,818,560 bytes
    C_System2.tib : 497,184,768 bytes
    C_System3.tib : 626,855,936 bytes
    C_System4.tib : > 9,258,818,560 bytes (dont know the exact size - I deleted it)

Why is this happening? My guess is that somehow when I re-imaged my drive it is significantly different than the previous images. But this does not make a whole lot of sense since I imaged from those images.

Is this behavior normal? Is this what I can expect anytime I image (the inability to keep using my good images for base of incremental)?

Please help.

2. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hi dswigger,
    it's normal. If you make a restore no incremental Backup is from this archiv possible.
    Dont forget: if you defrag your HD , You cannot make an incremental Backup more too.

3. dswigger

dswigger Registered Member

I understand about defrag but I do NOT understand the other part.

I really want to know why I am unable to continue where I left off - its supposed to be an exact copy is it not? There has to be some answer other than "just wont work"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.