Frequent Poster/Very Frequent Poster? Huh?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by spy1, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I porbably haven't been paying attention as well as I should have lately.

When did these designations take the place of the phrases we had chosen to go under our names when we post - and what was the reasoning behind it?

(I evidently missed the whole thing). Pete

2. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Lol. I was wondering too why the change. Then it struck me.....the moderators or admins have a sense of modernerism <sp?> and humor.

We change our clothes once in a while too - don't we ? :D

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Pete! :D
    Well, the change actually took place yesterday afternoon (April 4th)
    We felt it was time for a change. :D
    You must have been a work when LowWaterMark made the change since it was in the latter part of the afternoon/evening.

Regards,

snap

4. ~*Nat*~

Ha, same thought...posted at same time ! :D

5. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

So, I think it stands to reason that I would receive the title of "Improbable Poster" or maybe even "Impossible Poster"?

:eek:

6. ~*Nat*~

Or - irregular poster...??

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Can't say I'm very pleased with it. (Not that that matters at all, I'm sure).

The changed classifications are well-nigh meaningless, if not out-right mis-leading to someone looking at them.

10 thousand posts in TenForward would seem to hardly carry the actual weight of ten accurate, intelligent, informative posts in other areas of the forum.

Do we need another "Size Matters" thread? <g> Pete

8. CarolinaMoonshine

Amen, Mr. Spy person! :D

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

there ia also a thread in t-forward about the posting tags here

10. CarolinaMoonshine

Hmmmmm......And I was sorta liking it HERE! :-*

You do know that if I ever get to 100 posts there is going to have to be a HUGE CELEBRATION @ Wilders! :D

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

we'll start ordering the champagne now :D :D

12. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

bigc - There's a mis-print on that thread - it actually shows you calling the new tags "CUTE" (Dear God).

I'm outta here. Pete

13. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

I'm not sure what you mean Pete, since the member title is, and has always been, based on the number of posts made by the member, and no other reason, with the exception of specifically assigned titles such as Security Expert, Spyware Fighter, Moderator, etc. LowWaterMark explained how the member titles progress in this older thread.

The only difference in this change is the 'title' and nothing more. (see attached image).

Attached Files:

14. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

i totally agree with Pete on this . And modernism ? I certainly felt what was being used was good . This being used now is , well , just like Pete said . I , for one , am sad to see this change .

15. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Totally agree.
    And again.

16. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, that is the very reason we made this change. We had numerous comments that the previous titles were mis-leading. A member would reached the status of "Senior Member" simply by making a certain number of posts, regardless of the type or quality of posts made.

Member titles have always progressed up based solely on the number of posts made, not what type of posts, how good they were, or what forum section they were made in. That hasn't changed. What has changed is merely the titles being assigned.

So, to your point Pete, we find it less mis-leading to title a person who makes more than 200 posts as a "Frequent Poster" rather than calling them a "Senior Member". Senior Member seemed more mis-leading to us as it made that member appear superior to others, and yet the only reason for that superior sounding title was the number of posts they made. Frequent Poster simply means a person posted frequently. I don't see how that is more mis-leading than calling the same person a Senior Member.

17. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Its all a matter of general opinion - and nothing else. I personally dont care about the titles much anyway. Just keep posting and have fun!

18. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Heh
    I will probably get the classification : Imposter. :eek:

19. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

I agree Firecat!!

Yeah, My post count is pretty high.......not that I really give a hoot about it. But, all of my post have been just for fun and mostly in 10-F.

I don't know anything about security for a computer.......and don't claim too. I might post alot. But all you have to do is see what area of the forum I post on to see that I'm not trying to present myself anymore knowledgeable than someone looking at my post count might assume.

I don't have a problem with the new title~but, I will say bj thinks I should have a title that says somethings like "Smilie Lady"

Oh loosen up.........
    if ya want change my title to "Always Posts in 10-F"
    I don't care.
    http://tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/weird_thread.gif

20. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Hugs Pete,

Now I am still waiting for the "un-frequent" 30th Anniversary Photos of you and Mrs. Spy. I call that a milestone to really celebrate with a designation..so from US'ens at the Beach to you folks in the Mountains..Big Congrats :-* and here's to 30 more .

Attached Files:

• rose.gif
      rose.gif
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  21. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It's all good, guys/gals. I just didn't understand what the deal was. It actually all makes sense in a weird, twisted sort-of-way! lol!

Y'all carry on, happy camper here. Pete

22. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Now that's the Spirit ;) :cool:

I was going to snare up the Beach Horse Band and send them over for the occasion..but we have a few flops to work out on the routine.

WE Never could get it right after rolling in Clover either.

But we try hard to make you smile :ninja:

Attached Files:

23. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Sometimes I think there are posters who spend time looking for things to complain and be antagonistic about. What is under the name is so completely meaningless to me as to hardly be worth discussing.

Mods and admins, you do a good job. This is the least of your worries!

24. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

lol! Yes, asking questions about things you don't understand the reason for can get to be quite the interesting experience! Expressing displeasure with a certain course could be considered "antagonistic" - but it could also be considered simply having a different opinion about said change. (Of course, this forum most certainly is not about squashing other people's ability to voice an opinion - isn't that right, Gerard?).

The more I think about that, the more I tend to agree.

And a hearty "AMEN! to that!

On that seriously upbeat note, I shall continue making my rounds, spreading good cheer to all and sundry. Pete

25. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

So happy all is right with the world now . If you are going to use this system as opposed to the old one , for LWM's reasoning , why then do you not look at where the posts are made and for what ? Guess it is so much easier this way huh ? A better idea would be to get rid of it altogether . That is the best option , don ' t you think ? I mean , you changed it now , and it will probably be changed again because the MODs feel the need . No need to have ANYTHING there . Just let em post .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.