Frenzy Begins Over Cookie Alternative

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The technology, based on Macromedia's Flash, is getting attention as awareness spreads of an apparent increase in user deletion of cookies. A JupiterResearch study recently found nearly 40 percent of Web users clear these text files from their machines on a regular basis. Because of the enormous consequences of cookie deletion for online marketing, analytics experts and ad technology vendors have since begun overtly addressing the potential of the "Flash cookie."

Story

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Stupid advertisers and nosey marketers, I hate these people who use this special type of cookie to track people on the internet. :mad:

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Excellent warning! After checking the indicated settings pages, I found that nothing had been stored yet - but I did have to put the slider to "zero" in a couple of screens and checkmark "Never ask again".

Headed that whole potential mess off at the pass.

Thanks ronjor and Acadia! Pete

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I just found out that the above link (www.clickz.com) is in IE-SYPAds Restricted group!?

Acadia

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

ClickZ looks like a marketers site and all that goes with it. Maybe some tactics they have used caused the listing.
    If you find out more, let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.