french support not very active :-(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zorglub, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zorglub

zorglub Registered Member

hello!:)
    i have trouble with acronis TI8cw.
    build 1188
    problem to map a network drive(can't see drive after configuring ip etc).
    works well with TI9 trial version.
    i need this soft to secure station on a ICU network.
    the french support at avantquest don't respond to me.:(
    the french seller Inmac don't respond to me.:(
    cant someone at acronis can do something for me please?
    i used to utilize powerquest drive image and ghost.
    TICW seems to be more intuitive and easy to use so i try the demo and it was OK.
    its a desapointement for me that my build of TI dont work because it would be so simple if the support was working propely and if someone could answer me!
    so please again is someone of Acronis can contact avantquest or inmac and tell them wat to do for me!!!!!!

i cannot register my product at Acronis cause it's a french version so i can't update it.there is no update at avantquest for me!!GRRRRRRrrrrr!!!!!

please help me cause the network drive begin to make nasty noises and the european support for the ICU application is now locate in germany and if the system goes down it take at least 3 day to reover the system good.

so thank you for reading this and thanks in advance for any advice

jean michel

2. dld

dld Registered Member

Par ATI8cw, je suppose que tu parles de ATI8 Corporate Workstation. Si je comprends bien, tu as essayé ATI9 et tu sembles en être satisfait. Si c'est le cas, et si tu es satisfait avec la version anglaise, pourquoi ne pas télécharger et enregistrer cette version. À moins que je me trompe, quelqu'un sur ce forum a dit que la version anglaise de ATI fonctionne sur un ordinateur avec la version française de Windows.

3. zorglub

salut!
    c'est un peu compliqué:
    je bosse dans un hopital
    on ne peut acheter que sur bon de commande auprés de fournisseurs acrédités.
    pas question de pouvoir faire un achat par le net !! l'administration est trés moderne!!
    de même je ne peut pas connecter le laptop de service sur l'intranet (restriction due a l'admin reseau).
    j'ai donc testé chez moa TI9 sous win98 (vivi je retarde...)
    or donc TI8CW ne s'installe pas sous 98 grrr.donc nada updates.
    de toutes facons la version vendue en france n'est pas registrable chez Acronis Us.
    bref je suis dans le KK.
    je vais étre encore obligé de prendre sur mes deniers perso pour faire avancer un peu la chose.ce serait pour mon usage perso ya longtemps que j'aurais recup la version complete qui traine partout mais là c'est pour le boulot et la plus grande gloire de notre systéme de santé!!!
    c'est penible ce manque de support!!
    perso j'ai jamais laissé un client dans la panade aussi longtemp!!!
    bon bref je vais au taf, merci de ton message.

jean michel

4. dld

dld Registered Member

Puisque tu as essayé ATI9, ce doit être une version téléchargée et non une version en boîte. Je suppose que tu as téléchargé sur ton ordinateur personnel, donc Win98. De toute façon une version en boîte de ATI te serait inutile car tu ne pourrais jamais actualiser ta version.

Pourquoi ne pas télécharger ATI9 de Newegg pour $29.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681279691SF

Je connais ni avantquest ni Inmac. À mon avis on ne peut obtenir de support que sur un forum comme celui-ci. D'après leurs surnoms les représentants d'Acronis sont tous russes de nationalité. L'anglais est pour eux une langue seconde. Je doute que tu puisses en trouver qui parle français. Et je doute fort qu'Acronis pourrait intercéder pour toi auprès de avanquest ou Inmac. De toute façon tu as meilleure chance de trouver support ici qu'ailleurs. Mon humble opinion.

5. zorglub

[completed] french support not very active :-(

helo!
    bon ce matin j'ai recu un cd de chez avantquest avec une nouvelle version.
    la version 9 que j'avais essayé est plutot pour usage privé.
    laversion corporate est la version pro.
    ca marche maintenant mais je n'ai recu qu'une license donc j'installe TI9CW et le serveur de licence,je crée le cd de boot et pour que je puisse atteindre mon dique reseau il faut que je desinstale ATI et revoque la licence!Pfff!!!
    mais bon ca marche comme je le souhaite :)
    plus qu'a ecrire une procédure pour mes collégues :-(

merci pour les réponses

jeanmi

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I just hope you two guys are keeping this conversation clean!! ;) :) :D :D

Regards

7. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman.. Just a chance to practice my French which is getting quite rusty.:rolleyes:

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yeah they're keeping pretty clean - I've been following along with a rough translator to be sure :D

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. guys, his secret is out. Seems that Detox likes a bit of rough (the kinky blighter!!) :D.

Regards

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zorglub,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please note that you should press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation Bootable Rescue CD does not have any selection screen).

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation Bootable Rescue CD once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Where do you store your image?

- Describe your network structure in more detail (e.g. hardware and software vendors and models, type of connection etc.);

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (copy of invoice, scan copy of receipt or registration card, order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. Heco

Heco Registered Member

LOLLL... yes! Don't worry. I CAN testify this conversation is quite clean. Maybe some bad words here and there ("KK")... but nothing serious. LOLLL
    Cheers:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.