Freewebs.com

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by llanthomas@aol.com, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have recently installed Spyware Blaster. But i have noticed it has blocked freewebs.com because it contains the spyware CoolWebSearch (382). I extremely doubt this. As far as i can see, freewebs.com is a legit web hosting site. I know this because I use it and many of my friends use it aswell. I have unblocked it for the moment, but it will most likely become reblocked at some point. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I was testing 'Freewebs' recently (really only to see how web things would look if I loaded them :oops: ) When I installed the new version of Sybot Search & Destroy it immediately picked up my two bookmarks to freewebs.com as CWS. I fixed them with Spybot but it did concern me as to why this was found also. I didn't realise SywareBlaster blocks freewebs as I run it but was able to access previously o_O I will check now to see if it is blocked with any of the updates but I do know Spybot finds the same issue with the site o_O

I have been able to access the site but when I try to fill in my user name and password I receive the warning about my settings not allowing HTML forms I think this is attributed to IEspyad so maybe the site is not safe at all :doubt:

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You can permanently ignore an item in the SpywareBlaster database by right-clicking on the item in the block list, and choosing "Ignore List...>Add Item to Ignore List".

That will prevent SpywareBlaster from resetting protection for that item.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.