freeware spyware scanners etc

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Michael__aust, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinacatl

pinacatl Registered Member

TeaTimer has worked great for me.
    Stay away from Spyware Doctor.
    Just my opinion from use of both.

2. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

Can anyone suggest any other freeware anti spyware software. Or possibly other freeware spyware prevention software, I just tied Prevx but i didnt really like it. Its not very novice friendly, so it would confuse my mum and sister loads and they would probobly end up messing something up.

on download.com it has spyware doctor as a freeware product. does this version scan and remove or will it only scan, because i am getting conflicting reviews on the comments.

Also can anyone suggest any freeware programs that will detet and remove diallers or prevent them.

Thanks for the help so far.

Michael

3. spacealien

spacealien Guest

Mike,

It looks like quite a few good recommendation here already. There really aren't too many more free anti-spyware programs available. I suggest you reread this entire thread. Don Pelotas already recommended some good free anti-dialer/anti-trojan programs. ;)

As far as Spyware Doctor is concerned, if no one is going to answer your question about the free version, you can always just try it out yourself.

4. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

Yes , they are , and a lot of free anti-spyware programs .

http://www.klitetools.com/index.php?action=cat&catid=29

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Michael, you may want to take a look at what I consider a minimum setup HERE, and we have installed this on hundreds of computers with a lot of elderly folks. As well there are discussions HERE and even more HERE.

6. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

Would you say this isok for a minimum setup:

Mozilla Firefox (only use IE for sites i completely trust)

Adblock extension for firefox

AVG free antivirus (was using Etrust intil this afternoon trying this out to see what it is like)

Spyware Blaster

Spyware Guard

Spybot with tea timer active

Sygate personal firewall free

Adaware SE Personal free

A squared free

Ewido free

I was using Prevx but this is a family pc so my mum and sister would not be able to use it and would most likely mess something up.

Is this ok for a minimum setup?

thanks

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.