Freeware Sandboxie Alternative?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheMozart, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

I think that Sully does not need your explanations because what you write is the same that Sully himself already tried to explain you, but obviously you did not understand him:

2. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Ok thank you for your comments. :thumb:

By the way, I think BZPRO has a firewall? On the left menu, it has an option called FIREWALL.

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Certain programs/drivers etc can impact how your W7 functions. That's why for example you regularly hear some people having problems with certain FW's or AV's etc using the exact same OS and FW or AV than others, yet others don't have the problems. Yet both are using the SAME FW or AV and same OS, so what is the difference? You tell me Sul?

Cheers.

4. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

This is true.
    Ice

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I never used it, it seemed too basic for my tastes.

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

RADEON0, imagine you wrote a program, and I then concluded that your program seems too basic, YET I never personally tried or tested your program to come to a properly informed conclusion for myself and my own personal needs and wants. What would you encourage me to do? You would encourage me to try your program for MYSELF and come to my OWN conclusions, right?

Many times I have heard people tell me a certain program is too basic, not good enough blah blah etc, yet when I tried it for myself I loved it and kept using it. Understand where I am coming from?

So why not try BZPRO and evaluate it for yourself and then come to conclusions. You may come to the same conclusions as now, but you never know, you may not. Would value your personal feedback though.

Cheers.

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Every program will not satisfy some people, because if it did...Everyone would be using the same thing. Bufferzone Pro has it's audience, because it fulfills their needs for their ways of doing thing's. Same thing goes for Sandboxie...Some find it hard, Troublesome, Some find it lacking and some find it purely amazing. It is all based off of what the user needs and if it works for them.

As for what I said about not using the firewall...

I did use the firewall for a few weeks, didn't like it...Then never used it after that. It simply did not fulfill my needs and wants

Every user will have their favorite products, and some won't. It's as simple as that

And just an end note here: I never give out opinions and or suggestions, unless I have thoroughly tested it.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  8. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Themozart:

You got your Bufferzone program to satify YOUR NEEDS,no need to question everyone elses' reasonings for their choices they maybe happy with.

9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Mozart,
    Sandboxie should be coming out of beta with version 3.69. You should try it because what was different this month might have changed tomorrow with the new version. You don't want to be ignorant on how things change each month.

10. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

It's good to hear both camps, and why people to choose one product over another, that's how I learn and understand important issues that I may have missed or not understood or overlooked.

That's why I prefer to get feedback about BZPRO from people who have actually personally tried it and not from people who are spreading Chinese whispers.

11. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Exactly, and I will be. But I must confess I really like BZPRO atm.

12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I also think it is a good easy to use program. It allows programs to install inside its sandbox and offers system wide protection (when a new program tries to execute with control on all programs or allowing signed programs), besides the application bound sandboxing.

13. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Yes agreed.:thumb:

I really gave BufferZone PRO a work out last night, opened up 10+ IE webpages, all running videos at the same time and BufferZone PRO handled it smoothly, no problems at all :) The more I use BufferZone PRO the more I think this program is awesome and it seems very underrated, not sure why not many people are using it.

I also installed some programs into the BufferZone, and gives me confidence that they don't mess around with my system. Great way to test new programs and remove them from the BufferZone if needed without it leaving traces behind on my W7 registry or hard drive.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  14. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I ended up removing BZPRO because it is never going to be updated and it broke my ability to right click and send shortcut to desktop.

So I installed Sandboxie again, and to be honest, once I was told how to create SB firefox and Opera shortcuts, I am rather impressed and happy:)

I guess I should learn more about Sandboxie and I am actually starting to appreciate the program the more and more I play around with it. But there's so much to know and learn and very daunting and overwhelming to be honest, trying to figure out what's what and what settings is best etc.

Anyone know of a basic video which explains it all?:blink:

15. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I actually tried to install BZ Pro the latest version and had more issues with it than the version before it. I dosen't play nice with ZA FW AV suite. My system couldn't boot and had to remove it. SBIE on the other hand is much more compatabile with other security softwares.
    Ice

16. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

WOW.
    That's all. o_O

17. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

No, other reasons as well, mainly because BZ isn't updated or worked on anymore, but SBIE has a large community behind it, regularly reporting issues and the author is always updating it. That's the main reason why I decided to go back to SBIE.

So I am in the process now of learning SBIE. Know of any good videos that explain it? doesn't seem to be many good indepth ones around?

18. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Nah, it's a "wasteland".

19. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I find that interesting...you would think tzuk or someone else would create a SBIE video showing all features, what they do etc. Good for complete beginners too. Oh well.

20. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

You just have to make a search at YouTube with "sandboxie" as keyword and you will find a number of reviews and tutorials, e.g.:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIFwD1ChxMI
    youtube.com/watch?v=-_J5PzBeAf4
    (2 parts)

youtube.com/watch?v=GueXMq-Vyi8
    youtube.com/watch?v=2IbwhE-r8_k
    youtube.com/watch?v=4XBbC81bZx4
    (3 parts)

youtube.com/watch?v=fmQKWCrYxAA

youtube.com/watch?v=3t6hpOYpwVw

and a lot more

21. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed

22. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Sully, you probably didn't read this thread from the start. Hardware and drivers doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Here´s the problem:

And as Tsast42 pointed:

That's it.

LOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

23. moontan

moontan Registered Member

if you put it this way. ;) lol

24. mattbiernat

mattbiernat Registered Member

hmmm did you look at their forum?

Bufferzone 4.00 (Dec 2011)
    Bufferzone 4.01 (Feb 2012)
    Bufferzone 4.02 (Jun 2012)

Looks like it is being worked on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.