Freebie for experienced anti-sy users - Process Patrol

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by toploader, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toploader

toploader Registered Member

ok here's a freebie that may be of some use to some of you - i haven't tried it myself so caveat emptor (even though it's free) :D

http://www.processpatrol.com

2. toploader

toploader Registered Member

thought - might as well give it a go - so installed it - it works as a primitive anti-executable.

you create your whitelist of tasks that are currently running then let it run in the background - check the scan box in options so it will look for new processes (variable polling rate)

as you start new programs it will ask whether you want to add them to the whitelist. what it won't do is stop the program from executing - until you reply to the alert message.

it seems a very straight forward little program that can keep an eye on what's running in the computer - i've currently got it running with winpatrol (free) which monitors changes to startup lists and hosts.

i'm hoping these two will complement each other nicely providing a good level of detection.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.