Free XP anti-exploit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Windows_Security, Jun 7, 2015.

1. pcalvert

pcalvert Registered Member

CORRECTION: Crystal AEP is compatible with Sandboxie. The solution is to force CrystalAEPUI.exe and ProcTracker.exe to run in the sandbox. Doing that allows Crystal AEP to protect sandboxed threatgate applications. I doubt that it will be able to protect any programs running outside the sandbox, but that's acceptable to me since any programs I'd want to protect with Crystal AEP I'd want to sandbox as well.

Phil

2. @pcalvert

Phil,

Would you share your settings for the browser(s) you use?

Thanks

Kees

3. pcalvert

pcalvert Registered Member

Hi Kees,

For the most part, I am using your settings. If a web browser behaved poorly when protected by Crystal AEP, then I tried a different web browser. So far, Internet Explorer 8 and QupZilla seem to work the best. Slimjet works OK, but is slow starting. However, I did find an additional tweak for the web browsers that seems to help. On the "Memory Monitor" tab, I checked "Max. Monitoring Sensitivity". First I try a web browser without that setting (your settings only). If I am not satisfied with the performance then I try again with "Max. Monitoring Sensitivity" enabled. If I am still not satisfied with the performance then I try a different web browser.

NOTE: My testing has been fairly limited since my primary use for a web browser on Windows XP is reading local HTML-formatted documents like software manuals and tutorials. It is possible that Crystal AEP could cause web browser problems that would only be revealed by more extensive testing.

Phil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.