Free WinCleaner AntiSpyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Spyros, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Saw a link for it on the ComputerActive site. Is this any good? It says free and with real-time scanning...
    http://www.wincleaneras.com/

2. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

I think I'll pass. It says it's a product by "Business Logic Corporation", however, there is no mention of it at their website under "products". It may be legit, but I'm not interested enough to be a guinea pig.

3. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Downloaded it, and scanned it with AVS and A-squared. Came up clean. The quick scan was, well, quick. No spyware found :D The real-time shield runs light, one process at 1460 kb's.

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I think I am going to give it a try and see what happens. If I am not posting within the next few days it means to stay away from this product. :D

edit- downloaded and scanned with virustotal which came up clean. Ran the installer and the program was set up by default with some 51 web shields running. After update the signature database was some 70k+. Ran the quick scanner which took less than five minutes, nothing found. Tried to then acces the internet and had trouble. Saw a few pop-up warnings about search engine being changed, looked like WinCleaner wanted to change back to IE7's original setting which I did not allow. Opening web pages was initially dramatically slower and one actually timed out. After a few web pages were opened surfing noticibly ran smoother, although slow. I uninstalled, which was very fast. Then I checked the install folders and none were present- so it looks like a clean uninstall. Only had one outbound alert from Online Armor firewall which occured during the signature update. That's about it.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Considering my experience with Winfixer, WinAntiVirus, etc., I think I would pass on anything with a "win" on it. :cautious:

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

What about Winpatrol?

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: How about WinXP? Sometimes We do find bad apples mixed in w/ good ones. Buyers be aware!

9. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Haven't tried that one out.

10. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I am a DOS man myself. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.