Free Vs. Won't Install--invalid drive error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ktot, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktot

ktot Registered Member

I downloaded the free version of Paragon Backup & Recovery. The install started fine, through the point where I went to the website and got a code and SN to enter. Then the install aborted. Everytime I've tried installing since then, Windows Installer doesn't get far at all but gives me an Error 1327 (which I can't find anywhere in Paragon's knowledgebase), Invalid Drive: G. The program file is on C drive and I'm trying to install it on C drive. No idea where the G is coming from (though I did copy the program from a memory stick which may be G drive--but I didn't open the file or try installing from the memory stick at all).

How do I get the program to install?

Redownloading isn't an option. It's a 100 MB file and I'm on bandwidth-limited satellite Internet.

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

I'm guessing that you do not have a G drive whatsoever, this is usually caused by an invalid registry entry referencing the invalid drive letter. I recommend first checking the following registry keys for a reference to the "G:" drive, remember to always be careful when modifying the system registry. Go to start=>run and type "regedit" then navigate to the following keys and look for any reference to a G: drive, if you find any change it back to C:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Let us know if this does not resolve the problem.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

See if we can temporarily disable the "G:" drive if exist. Right-click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, right-click the disk where G: drive is and disable.

If you'd like, we can install the program on another computer, and copy over the program files folder to your PC and run it from there. Though you do need 3 additional files located in the Windows/System32 folder: qtp-mt334.dll, prgiso.dll and wnaspi32.dll and the shortcuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.