[Free VPN] VPN Steel

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Zero3K, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Well, that's OK.
    It's just that the way you post the exact same messages all over, makes it almost look like spambot activity.
    It would be much more beneficial for VPNSteel, if it's developer(s) would present the company/service himself/themselves.

Here at Wilders, as you probably have noticed, there is a whole slew of developers, official support desk employees, (AV) researchers, etc.
    If the founder/dev. of VPNSteel would present himself here, perhaps offer some background information on the product/service, explain how this product differentiates from others and why folks should use it, it would make a much stronger case.

Copy/pasting the same 'tweet'-like info all over fora and elsewhere does NOT help this product.
    Imao it will even put folks off from using it.
    The proverb posted by Lockbox is pretty much what regulars at this forum expect.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

That link won't help since the admin is busy with a job, etc.

3. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

I PMed the admin of VPN Steel with a link to this thread. So, hopefully he'll post in here soon.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yeah what's with all the enthusiasm, I'd appreciate a bit of some comments back from you over this?

There are lots of free VPN services out there and other free proxy like services for anonymity too, so what's your mission because you seem like you have an agenda or you don't seem to realize all the free services out there....

You certainly do turn up at a lot of sites with the post of, 'I have just recently come across a free VPN service called', further making you look like your on a mission, when there are services all across the world...

What's up also with the Domain registration too, is it still all faked? Because the ICANN rules can yank this.

Hasn't this person(s) heard about anonymous domain registration?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  5. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

1. I've tried a couple of free services but they're all not that good since they have restrictions (or use PPTP).

2. Most of the Whois info is fake. I tried sending an email and posted on the forum regarding it but he hasn't responded to it.

3. Nope. But he now knows to consider using it since you inquired about it in a post on its forum.

6. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok being excited is ok, but when you're all over the web like at it everywhere it sends up flags and people that have been around tend to think of it as spam so you need to watch it because you can do more harm then good.

Well whoever they registered with needs to go back and change their domain info to real info and pay extra to have it listed as anonymous registration. This is what you do when you want to protect your info and domain and keep it all private, you use real info but you register it anonymous. :)

PEACE

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Comodo offers 10GB free a month, now granted for some this might not be enough if they are online all day, but one thing for certain is Comodo is a big business and VPN Steel, like who are these people really that someone would expose themselves to them...

8. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Why don't we just rephrase the question, WHY would you trust VPNSteel over Comodo or any other decent business offering VPN?

9. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

The problem is, you are asking for something that you think has a simple answer and in some respects it does, which would be what you are pointing out, the history of a company, size, and so on, versus a company with a small history and little details about it. So a lot of times based on some small amounts of information a lot of people think they can make an informed decision and sometimes you can and sometimes it's not really enough and only time and experience show you the differences, if the small amount of information you had was enough or it wasn't. Simply meaning, every day in life people make bad decisions based on a lack of information.

I personally do not see this as simply something black and white, because some of it is and some of it isn't.

Let's put it this way, 'Experience With Business' does not happen over night, it takes time and experience...

So take all of your experience you have with dealings in the real world, NOW apply all of that to the internet with hopefully experience in regards to all the consumer/business threats people target at people to deceive them, like 'phishing', 'email scams', 'rogue software' and just about any other fraudulent thing you can think of when it comes to internet deception and apply all of that to your real experience, NOW you should start to be able to answer some of your own questions.

Am I making any sense here?

Because some of the truth here is, this comes down to a lot of experience you seem to be looking for in just a few simple words and it's not quite so simple, especially with all the threats out there...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Sorry if I misled you, or typed my post into making any think I trusted Comodo anymore, I don't.

I was simply pointing out that they had a PRESENCE as a business that made them appear possibly a better choice.

~comment removed~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, we've had to remove back and forth personal bickering posts from three active threads in this section... You two need to stop bashing at each other. You are going around in the same circle over and over in each thread. Neither of you will let the other guy get the last word, so, it'll never end unless we end it. It's enough, so stop.

12. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

I agree with most of your statements except the one about its performance. I've been experiencing occasional timeouts when connected to it for a couple of hours and lag when viewing live streams (such as the ones on USTREAM or Justin.tv).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.