Free USB Security

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Someone, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

Yes, it's on all my sticks..and pc , (even tho I use DefenseWall )it's from Mexico...the detections target autorun and and so far, no infections; it runs everytime a usb device is inserted.. I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here at Wilders in some post.

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

It was not easy for me to find this one in my Favorites!

But I'm just doing housework, by grouping them in folders. Yes, it is called ...

... wait, I found ... yes ...

I have: Ninja Pendisk! This name tells you something? ...

Yes, here: http://nunobrito.eu/ninja/ Merci, Nuno Brito !

Ninja is the FREEWARE zero-configuration program designed for guarding computers against viruses transmitted by USB pendisks.

La suite - vous allez lire sur leur page, please ...

PROROOTECT for Nuno !

3. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

Thanks for the info Chachazz. This may be the app the thread starter was looking for. I think I would run it along with other security apps myself, but it does look like a nice additional layer.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  4. axial

axial Registered Member

Haven't tested this one, but it looks interesting:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbcop/

Description found at:

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/02/16/increase-usb-security-with-usb-cop/#more-10595

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

6. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

What I would absolutely love to see would be a classical hips that would run off a flash drive and I mean one that will still work even if the computer your plugging into is a non admin account. Because that's often the problem with many of these apps, such as TrueCrypt, they simply won't run if you not running in an admin account.

If your going to run off your own pc or a close friend then all is usually well, you just run as admin, but if your going to run off an internet cafe, library, school, or work computer, more often than not it will be on a limited account.

So how about it folks, any classical hips yet that can be run off a flash drive?

Of course most of those here will already know that WinPatrol and SandboxIE have portable versions designed to run off a flash drive, so how 'bout the rest? Where's all the classical hips that run off USB flash drives?

Though SandboxIE has to run on an admin account, it won't run if your logged on in a limited account. Too bad for those who need to use other computers than their own, because SandboxIE would make a great addition to anyone's portable drive set up, especially those who use library or internet cafe computers that are probably riddled with malware.

7. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

8. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

I have Flash Disinfector in all of my USB sticks.

9. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I find safehouse interesting. I'm giving it a try.

10. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Well, how about this? Rising PC Doctor has automatic protection for USB drives, among many other useful things that seem to work just great, and the other tools are of great help too IMO. Yes, it's in my sig. :D - but the personal opinion about it is completely honest. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.