FREE Upgrade to Trend's 2003 AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tassie_Devils, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi:

This offer has been out for a while, just thought I would re-state it for current users of PC-Cillin.

UK site has a free promotional upgrade offer to 2003:

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=64846&PN=5&SP=10007&SID=38152&PID=476548&DSP=&CUR=826&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=64846

Go to site, fill in your current Trend's ID # [see pic] then "Purchase" it.

You fill in forms just like you would if purchasing but DO NOT have to fill in Credit Card part.

[I think from memory you will be asked 'County' [not country] just put your STATE regardless of country. I THINK it's something like that. Been about 3 months now, so forget exactly.]

You will get the download part, new ID# and install and "Register" [either email sent with 'Register # or on site].

Do the usual ID # fill during install, and the Register # and it's done.
    Update, run scan and you are finished.

NOTE: You must UNINSTALL current version before installing 2003

Attached Files:

2. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Hello Tassie_Devils,

Thanks for the "heads up" regarding the free upgrade to PC-cillin 2003 (from 2002)! :)

You were right about having to "monkey around" with the 'COUNTY' settings to get the Web-based process to accept an address in the USA. I had to specify the first"County" as 'Texas" (my home state) and set the Country drop-down-based "County" setting to "Uruguay" (?!?!) in order to make the upgrade process happy.

Thanks again for you post,
    KDCDQ, Security Freak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.