Free TrueImage Download

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DriveBy, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DriveBy

DriveBy Registered Member

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Very interesting.

The license says it's only for Seagate and Maxtor drives. Have you tried to see if it works on other brands?

The download is 102MB and the manual is another 1.3MB. Acronis is clearly identified in the manual.

It's quite a compliment to Acronis that Seagate chose TrueImage as their new drive utility.

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

It definitely does not work with other brands. Its also a lite version. See this post by Mustang for a summary of the features https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1011119#post1011119.

4. jmk94903

Interesting that Mustang said that "at least one Seagate or Maxtor drive must be present." Hmmm, in that case will it work with a different brand as the souce or target.

That would be a good reason to choose Seagate or Maxtor as replacement drives and a reason to check for the brand on new or existing systems - get free backup software as a bonus. Granted it's not full featured, but it's still TrueImage.

5. DriveBy

DriveBy Registered Member

I have a Toshiba HD in my laptop and a Seagate 250 USB External HD. DiscWizard works....

6. jmk94903

That I wouldn't have predicted. Great! That means that external drive can backup any system. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.