FREE Paragon Drive Copy 11 Pro Special Edition

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheMozart, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

2. taytong888

taytong888 Registered Member

This Special Edition does not come with WinPE. So how do I get WinPE otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

you can build one manually using paragon........

4. taytong888

@ams963,

Thanks for your reply, but even for paid Paragon software only very few have winPE options! I am still looking for a link to FREE winPE with other non-Paragon software.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

easeus todo backup lets you build winpe......so does macrium reflect free......just go to their respective webpages and look at the features.......

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I found using a USB boot rescue works well and is surprisingly fast to backup and restore images.

7. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I found that Easeus todo backup and macrium reflect free are very poorly written programs. They both failed at detecting my USB hard drive to restore images. Only Paragon was successful in doing it. BUT NOTE, Paragon FREE version also failed, only Paragon Backup and Recovery 11 Compact Edition worked for me.

8. taytong888

@TheMozart:

Did you mean Paragon Backup & Recovery 11 Home?

I just visited Paragon's web page but I can't find PBR11 Compact.

9. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

If you're familiar with the free Winbuilder utility for creating your own multipurpose WinPE builds, I've uploaded scripts to the reboot.pro web site for including Paragon's HDM and B&R apps in any Winbuilder PE1, PE2, or PE3 project.

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Arvy :thumb:

@TheMozart
    yeah yeah we all know your grudge on the trio.......but those are free options........and not so good......but hey we all discussed it way back in the forum, right?.......;)

11. taytong888

Hello Arvy,

Thank you for being such a nice fellow Canadian & Ontarian. I am not familiar with the free Winbuilder utility for creating my own multipurpose WinPE builds, but I did download your scripts. How do I start using your script to construct and use the WinPE build(s)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

12. andylau

andylau Registered Member

I think it includes a Linux bootcd for both backup and restore.

You you do not know how to build a WinPE, you can simply use its linux bootcd.

13. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Basically, you just need to download any Winbuilder project of your choice from reboot.pro, add one or both of those scripts to that project, and then run the Winbuilder.exe executable.

Your choice amongst the available Winbuilder projects will depend on which version of Windows is to be used as your PE building source. For example, if you want to use Windows 7 as the source for your WinPE build, you would download the Win7PE project (latest version 2012-02-16) available at http://reboot.pro/12427/ and add one of the Paragon scripts to it.

A lot more detailed help on using Winbuilder is also available in the reboot.pro forums. Too many possible variations and individual details to reproduce it all here.

14. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Compact is a paid version, I got it for free from giveawayoftheday website.

15. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.