Free or $ 29.95 - don't understand download crew

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by beethoven, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

It must be too late for me but I just came across this offer from Download Crew for Emsisoft Anti-Malware here http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/32260-emsisoft_anti-malware

Are they selling/reselling the license or is this freeware? On the one hand they state "Software Cost: Free" and right underneath they tempt you to "Buy a Emsisoft Antimalware 9 License for $ 29.95 - so what to make of this?

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

It is not mentioned but I think they meant "30 days free trial"

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! I agree...it is somewhat confusing...and when I look at the Info I can't see the pricing mentioned $29.95...where is it Displayed? Software Cost...Free...and License Free...usually the License is included when the Software is purchased! I can see where this can be both confusing or misleading. Sincerely...Securon

4. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Glad I am not the only one not getting it

Attached Files:

• DLC.jpg
      DLC.jpg
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
  5. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Free on-demand scanner, buy a license for real time protection. Just like Malwarebytes.

6. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

This is precisely how Emsisoft themselves provide Anti-Malware. It does act as a free/freeware application, but a commercial license is available if you want to purchase. See here: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/

With Emsisoft's FAQ, it states:

Isn't Emsisoft Anti-Malware freeware?
    Yes and no. By default Emsisoft Anti-Malware installs as a free fully functional 30 day trial version. After the trial period you can either choose to buy a full version license or switch to the limited freeware mode.

Blame Emsisoft for portraying a mixed message here :)

We've just updated the Downloadcrew page to try and make it a little more clear though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.