Free MP3 Software Recommendations

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Huwge, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

My daughter is having a Creative MP3 Player for Christmas.

I've read that the software that comes with it is a bit 'clunky'. Any recommendations for a free alternative that will run on Win98Se and XP please ?

Thanks in advance

2. No. You have been misinformed.

Creative's software is good, and many people use it to sync other brands' flash players they own as well.

Creative's players even let you use Windows Explorer to drag n drop music. That way, I have't needed to install Creative's software to transfer tacks I created to his player (MuVo N200)

3. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Ive read a few reviews on the Player I bought. A couple of the mags reckoned the software wasnt easy to use. Guess we'll find out tomorrow after Santas called ;)

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've got a Creative, and the software really isn't that bad. It has two parts; the explorer replacement (which I don't like at all), and a simple explorer add-on that puts an icon in "My Computer" with a couple additional buttons in the toolbar. The icon in My Computer is actually really nice, and the CD ripper is one of the better ones I've seen.

To add to that, though, I did get Sveta Fully Loaded (2 apps, Sveta Portable and dBPowerAmp), which gives you loads of options on the context menu (right-click menu) as well as a better explorer replacement type interface to work with. If you want to get some additional 3rd party software, that's the best one I've seen.. it gives you lots of ways to manipulate audio files of all types with the most ease of any program I've seen. It's also not very expensive ($30 for the two apps together, $14 for just dBPowerAmp). There are then some free apps, like The Godfather, that are good for file management and mass renaming.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  5. DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.