Free HDD Mechanic (100% discount) Free!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zmechys, Mar 10, 2015.

1. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

2. StillBorn

StillBorn Registered Member

Ya gotta hate it when there's significant typos in an attached link. "399.--" Get rid of a 9 or both a 3 and a 9 already. Otherwise, seriously?! :eek:

3. zmechys

I've copied and pasted the header from the web-site "AS-IS" without any of my input.

Should I understand that you have a very good opinion about HDD Mechanic?
    Could you share with us, please?

4. StillBorn

StillBorn Registered Member

@zmechys My emphatic apologies if you inferred that your attachment was inaccurate in any way based on my previous post. Although the application is now offered for free, my point was how the heck could these guys run to the bank (and then some!) @ at the original $399.95 a pop without inventing the wheel? Perhaps a moot issue. And the Mods just might delete this post for my wondering out loud. Still... I'll concede I sprained my neck on the double-take of the original $399.95. And like yourself, Zymechys, I would would sure be curious to know what others think about this app especially after laying out that kind of mean green dinero to obtain it. .

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Has anyone managed to get it running off a flash drive?

One comment seems to say you can install it on a flash drive but register it on a windows installation thus making it having no real use on a flash drive.

6. zmechys

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just paid the $9.95 to get free lifetime upgrades. After I installed it, I noticed that the program has not been updated for 2 and a half years. Hopefully there will be future updates.

In any case it was only $10.

8. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ zmechys

Thanks for the link. I installed it.

9. roger_m

I ran it overnight on a laptop hard drive that had been accidentally been formatted and returned to the factory state. When looking through the results of the scan HDD Mechanic crashed.

10. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Too bad the free offer is over. I would like to try it.

11. roger_m

@caspian You're not missing much, it is buggy.

12. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I actually downloaded it and used it as a trial from download.com. I was curious as to what it would show because I use shadow defender all the time. I didn't show much.

http://i.imgur.com/mFVHVfg.jpg

All of the "lost volumes" are empty. The last two are just system files that are mostly empty. I've tried Recuva and it shows images of software icons and that sort of thing. When I download videos and gifs in Shadow Mode I transfer them to my ext. HD. I don't delete them. I just wanted to see if they could persist on the hard drive after reboot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.