free.hcworld.com, free-spy-cam.net and web-cams-chat.com HIJACK

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by lubois, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lubois

lubois Registered Member

I have had following links in my Favorites:

free.hcworld.com
    free-spy-cam.net
    web-cams-chat.com

~removed hyperlink capability....Bubba~

and I couldn't remove them.

After couple of hours investigation I have realized that there runs process called C:\winnt\epknxff.exe (see in Task Manager) and there is also register entry called O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [xlynbbp] c:\winnt\rmcyviw.exe. Note that instead of rmcyviw.exe can be in register entry mentioned one of the following: aarjuge.exe, abjkjsu.exe, acrlqvq.exe, aidhaou.exe, aquiyhp.exe, avyydnm.exe, batbvit.exe, bfrfpgn.exe, bfvgdbx.exe, bhanton.exe, bmfpmpf.exe, bpekvou.exe, cknndnn.exe, cmvaelu.exe, cueiaqj.exe, daoumay.exe, djlmhei.exe, dlhloyb.exe, dtjigxp.exe, dvptkji.exe, dxbgovu.exe, dxhldxh.exe, dxwdvpg.exe, ehfykro.exe, eijafno.exe, ejwywtw.exe, epknxff.exe, ewigcvu.exe, fpfbrup.exe, frntpyi.exe, gbkbavw.exe, gjrdkit.exe, glxxekq.exe, gqyrsnl.exe, gvpnhnq.exe, hhadqhv.exe, hjtpgmp.exe, hlgfnmb.exe, huluhcw.exe, hveouyk.exe, hygjyfr.exe, ibxvppu.exe, idxbeyh.exe, igscgph.exe, ihrngbj.exe, ihwtslx.exe, iqcfvmv.exe, ivnviyk.exe, jbsmdnn.exe, jgkdiaj.exe, jhufepn.exe, jmdxnrb.exe, jpccoer.exe, jrosphw.exe, jsxhyug.exe, klebjgr.exe, ksxksmq.exe, kvwfucg.exe, kxxcdea.exe, lgswvsa.exe, lrlddmo.exe, lwiqsor.exe, lwiygqn.exe, mbnjrce.exe, mgsmqky.exe, mncqjnv.exe, mtqccuf.exe, mvcvetu.exe, mwxrgwa.exe, nchndxb.exe, nqwqysi.exe, nscweqw.exe, nwpthiv.exe, oeqjhmw.exe, ofytwfp.exe, ojsvpee.exe, okscxfr.exe, oreffby.exe, ouetdem.exe, psxacma.exe, pvsvbyq.exe, qadukfb.exe, qbjktvd.exe, qkbihew.exe, qmerfnk.exe, qojmecf.exe, qqtpsjx.exe, ragcctp.exe, rcidhfv.exe, rhxabyo.exe, riutgng.exe, rlyteqj.exe, rmcyviw.exe, saoevaf.exe, sehojmb.exe, sflqryv.exe, suyomaq.exe, sxxrolc.exe, thsqkty.exe, tmfjire.exe, tmqkvpj.exe, toujsuq.exe, tqegtpw.exe, ujujdeg.exe, ulpjdxj.exe, upensnp.exe, uqwdxce.exe, uukulbk.exe, vbglrjd.exe, vohissb.exe, waqgocl.exe, wcuxtle.exe, wdbmasa.exe, wpoqdgc.exe, wugarnh.exe, wvvdsgl.exe, xdffrfq.exe, yxaugxc.exe

To fix this problems you need to do following:
    1. to stop the process epknxff.exe in Task Manager
    2. to remove registry entry (e.g. by HijackThis)
    3. to remove links from your Favorites
    4. to restart computer

Be aware that all listed exe files are placed in your C:\winnt\ directory. All of them presumably are the same sized (46 080 bites in my computer) and they are created in the same time.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.